Chapter 10

After my "chat" with Ryan I lay down in my bed now fully ready to go to sleep. Its only a couple of minutes since we are forced to, so why not begin sleeping now. Then I remember Victoria. I need to go talk to her, I'm sure she needs someone right now and I want to help her. So that motivates me to get up and walk to Victoria thats sitting on her bed fiddling with her fingers.

"Whats wrong, Victoria? You don't seem alright." I say putting my hand in her shoulder.

"Thats because I'm not." she says not looking up at me.

"Then, whats wrong? I'm here for you." I say. She doesn't responds.

"If this is because of your rank, don't worry about it, okay? Its only the first day you can work on it and improve." I tell her.

"Yeah exactly, its the first day and I'm already ranked as one of the last ones. Have you looked around? Everyone in here is all buff and muscular. Theres no chance I'm going to make it." she says finally looking at me. Her gaze is sad and I can see her eyes are puffy and red, signaling she has been crying.

"Victoria, if you think like that, where is it going to get you? Nowhere. Don't be a pessimist I'm sure you are going to pass if you work hard enough." I say.

"What if I made the wrong choice. What if I don't belong here. I'm sure I'm better at picking apples that trowing knifes. I made the wrong decision, didn't I? I'm so stupid." she says shaking her head.

"No Victoria, is not a wrong choice. You chose Dauntless because you wanted it. I know you have it in you. You've got to believe in yourself. You are going to pass I'm sure you just need to work hard and maybe get a little help." I tell her. Her face lights up. I'm sure she has and idea in her mind.

"You are right" she says "I can do it I just need a little help and I know who can help me."

"Yeah, I bet that if you talk to Aiden he'll help you. He is a nice guy just-"

"No, not Aiden. I was thinking about you. You are first in the class. If you could train me and maybe help me a bit in classes I can make it. I can make it, Rissa!" she says now grinning. What a change of moods.

"I don't know. Thats quite complicated...." I say.

"Please Rissa. I'm begging you. I want to stay. Its just this week. Plus, I'm your friend and as you said you're here for me, aren't you" Victoria says with pleading eyes.

"Yeah, alright. I'll help you." I say.

"Thank you so much Rissa." she then engulfs me in a tight hug and I hug her back immediately.

Minutes later we are called to go to sleep. Tomorrow we don't have training since its alternate faction day. That means tomorrow I will go to Erudite Headquarters and have classes and everything a normal Erudite girl does. But going to Erudite means also something else. I will finally get to see my dad again. Even though I saw him not too long ago I am always missing him. So I go to sleep grinning because tomorrow I will reunite with him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Everyone wake up! Today is Alternate Faction Day so we have to get going, the cars are waiting." Aiden voice sounded throughout the room.

I quickly got changed and ready. Today I decided to put my glasses on since I was going to be Erudite again. Also because probably today I will be doing a lot of reading and without them I can't see anything.

We went outside the headquarters were 4 cars were parked. They are the ones supposed to get us to our faction's headquarters. I stood next to Victoria waiting for directions.