[10]

———————————

———————————C H A P T E R  10———————————

———————————
C H A P T E R 10
———————————

Mina just finished her dance practice with Jimin. "Do you want me to drive you home?" Jimin asked as the pair walked down the hallway.

Mina shook her head. "No thank you, it's close enough that I can walk." She smiled sweetly at him.

"Are you sure? I mean, what if a drunk guy tries something on you? Jin would never forgive me." A slight chill ran down his spine as he thought about what Jin would do.

"It's fine. Nothing will happen to me!" She gave him a thumbs up. "But it's sweet that you worry about me."

Jimin looked away sheepishly to hide the slight blush that had formed on his face. "Yeah well, you're my friend! And I care about my friends, pabo!" He lightly hit her arm.

Although it didn't hurt when Jimin hit her arm, his words hurt. They hurt more than he could ever know, but she would never tell him that. Tears threatened to fall as his words kept on replaying in her head.

"I should probably go," Mina quickly headed outside an was met with a slight breeze. Even though it was almost autumn, it was still warm enough that she didn't have to wear a sweater.

"Minnie! Wait!" Jimin cried as chased after her. "What did I do wrong?!" His voice rang through the night.

Thinking quickly, Mina ducked into the nearest shop that was still open at that hour. A small ramen shop.

She waited by the window as she watched Jimin race past toward her dorm. It saddened her that she couldn't tell him why she was upset. A couple of tears slipped down her face.

"Miss?" An older lady appeared behind her. "We were just about to cl-" She stopped speaking when she saw that the girl was crying. "Why are you crying, dearie?"

Mina sighed sadly. "I don't know." Although she did know. Mina knew exactly why she was crying.

The older lady motioned for her to sit down at one of the tables. "Care to tell me what happened?"

There was something about this lady that made Mina want to tell her everything.

Taking a shaky breath, she began to tell her the story, while leaving out some of the details like the fact that she was an idol.

"Well, there's this guy, Ji-" she quickly caught herself before she accidentally said Jimin's name. So going with the first name she could think of, she continued. "Jinhyuk. And well, I've kind of had a crush on him for forever, but he doesn't like me back."

"And what makes you so sure that he doesn't like you?"

"He has a girlfriend. They've been dating for a couple of months now. And I don't think that I'll get over him any time soon. I've tried, but it's so hard! And we hang out all of the time, so I can't avoid him."

"Dearie, I'm so sorry! So tell me, what's he like?"

Where did she even start? "Well, he's so kind and respectful! He actually cares about me, even if it's just as a friend. He has the most beautiful eyes ever! Every time I look at him, I just get lost in them! And when he smiles, his lips turn upwards to form this cute little grin, and his eyes crinkle at the corners!

"Whenever I'm around him, my heart skips a beat and if I was in a bad mood before, he makes me so happy. When we were younger, we used to be best friends, but as we got older, we grew apart. Then he left to follow his dream.

"When I met him again a couple of years ago, it felt as though I was complete again for the first time in years. For a while, I actually thought that he liked me back and I was going to tell him I liked him, a lot, but I chickened out. And now I'll never tell him."

The older lady smiled sadly and placed her hand on top of Mina's. "Don't say that. I'm sure that you'll tell him soon. And when you do, come and tell me all about it!"

"Now, how about I make you a bowl of ramen, on the house, huh?" Before she received an answer, she hurried into the back of the shop and began preparing the ramen.

Mina felt as though a huge weight had been lifted off of her chest. Sure, her unnies knew about her crush on Jimin, but she never told them as much as she had just told that lady.

Interrupting her thoughts, the lady came back with a steaming bowl of ramen. From her table, Mina could smell the dish and it made her mouth water.

"If it smells that good, just wait until you try it!" The lady joked.

Thanking h for the food, Mina began to eat the food. It tasted so good. It was salty, but not too salty, and the egg on top was cooked to perfection.

•·.·''·.·• •·.·''·.·•

After promising to come back soon, Mina left the little shop and slowly made her way home. There was nothing better than late night ramen.

As she opened the door to her dorm, she was greeted by three very angry looking girls. "Where have you been?!" Soomi practically yelled.

Mina was taken aback by the volume of her voice. Soomi almost never raised her voice. "I was out." Came Mina's reply.

She didn't want to talk about the little shop she visited and the nice lady that owned it. And although it seemed selfish, she wanted to keep it a secret. It was kind of like a little hideaway where she could escape the rest of the world.

"Do you have ANY IDEA how worried we've been?!" This time it was Yuna's turn to yell.

"Look, I'm sorry. I was going to text you but then I kinda forgot."

"Sorry doesn't cut it! We thought you were kidnapped, or worse, killed!" Hana, usually being the loud one, placed a hand on Yuna's shoulder to try and calm her down.

"And poor Jimin ran all the way here looking for you because apparently when you left the company, you were crying. And since he's such nice guy, he ran after you. He showed up at our dorm, but you weren't here! So we assumed the worst! And finally, hours later, you show up!"

Yuna was really upset with Mina. Mina looked at the ground as tears streamed down her face for the second time that night. "I'm sorry, okay? I'm really freaking sorry!" Sadness and Anger laced her voice.

She quickly regained her composure. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to get up early tomorrow to practice." Mina raced to her room, already feeling guilty from talking back to her unnies.

•·.·''·.·• •·.·''·.·•

A/N

Yo yo yo, my dudes! I'm back again and yesterday was the best day ever!

So I finally fulfilled my dream of seeing BTS in concert! I saw them perform in Hamilton, Canada! Just going to say that it was better than I could ever imagine! It was so much fun and I want to go back for their other two Hamilton dates, but I'm broke and tickets are expensive as hell.

Anyways, that's all I have to say for now! Bye!!

P.S I'm going to be updating tomorrow too so stay tuned for that!