[19]

———————————

———————————C H A P T E R  1 9———————————

———————————
C H A P T E R  1 9
———————————

After Jimin had finished explaining, Mina didn't know how to feel.

While she was over the moon that Jimin liked her and told her he loved her, she still couldn't forgive for what he had done. 

"Say something to me, please. The silence is killing me." Jimin whispered, his voice strained.

"You hurt someone because of me," Mina said as she felt the tears well up in her eyes.

"You broke someone's heart because you loved me." 

Jimin remained silent. He didn't know what to say.

Mina's heart felt hollow. This was all her fault

"I wish we never had met." She said quietly. 

Jimin's head jerked toward her. "You can't possibly wish that?"

Mina tried to swallow back her tears. "This would never have happened if we hadn't met.

"I would've never fallen for you and you wouldn't have fallen for me. I knew I made the wrong decision becoming a trainee here." Her voice was thick with tears.

"But it would have happened anyway." Jimin cut in as he pulled Mina into his chest. 

Mina wanted to pull away from him, but she found comfort in being held by him. 

Jimin buried his face into her neck and continued.

"Even if we hadn't become friends back then, I still would have met you when your brother introduced the group to you and your family. I still would have fallen in love with you, so don't say that."

Jimin's shirt was wet with Mina's tears, but that didn't bother him. 

The two stayed in this position for a while. Jimin keeping his arms wrapped around Mina tightly as Mina clung to him like a child. 

"Look at the mess we've created," Mina said, causing Jimin to tighten his hold on her.

"I know." 

"We're both such idiots."

"I know."

"What are you going to tell everyone? What are you going to tell the press?" 

Jimin wanted to answer, but he didn't know how. 

"I'll figure something out."  

Mina pulled away from him. She needed time to think. 

"I should go." 

•·.·''·.·• •·.·''·.·•

As Mina settled into her big office chair in her studio, she felt an odd sense of calm. 

Maybe it was the familiar space. Or maybe it was that she was alone and could wander off into her own little world. 

She slid the big headphones over her ears and logged into the computer. 

The headphones blocked out everything, even the soft putter of the air conditioning that Mina had grown accustomed to. 

With each click of the mouse, she grew closer to the folder she was looking for.

It was titled "personal projects" as it should have been. It was filled with demos of songs Mina had written and even fully produced songs.

Mina's eyes looked through the separate files and clicked. 

"hallow (inst.)"

The first chords played through the headphones. 

A smooth bassline carried the song as a light electric guitar faded in and out. 

Mina's eyes fluttered closed as she strained her ears to listen for any imperfections.

A single missed beat and Mina was all over it. She moved some things around and played the song again. 

This continued for a while and the events of the dance studio filtered out of her mind.

It was just Mina and her songs. 

She could've stayed there for forever, but she knew it couldn't last. 

As if on cue, Soomi, Yuna and Hana burst through the door. 

Mina quickly closed the file, shut off the computer and took off her headphones. 

"Come on, Mina! We're going to be late!" Soomi dragged the younger girl out of her seat. 

Mina's once peaceful studio had turned chaotic as the three girls struggled to push Mina into the hallway. 

"How are you so heavy?" Hana groaned which earned a harsh glare from Soomi and Yuna.

Mina smirked. "How are you so weak?" 

Yuna continued to push Mina. "Let's not fight, okay? We're already behind schedule!"

•·.·''·.·• •·.·''·.·•

A/N

Hey everyone! Thank you all for 5K reads!!! Also, sorry for such a short chapter and not updating last week! I hope you all had amazing holidays!

Bye guys!