[11]

———————————

———————————C H A P T E R 11———————————

———————————
C H A P T E R 11
———————————

The next morning, Mina skipped her usual early morning practice in hopes of avoiding Jimin. Instead, she headed to the recording studio, wanting to work on a little project.

Logging into her computer, she opened a file named 'Depth'. Before her schedule became jam-packed, she had been working on a secret project called Depth.

Even though it was just an experiment, it still held a lot of meaning to her. On a rainy day, a couple of months ago, she had written it.

That day, Jimin had announced his girlfriend to the world. Mina had cried, and so, to combat her emotions, she had written a song that expressed her love for Jimin.

The words had come so easily to her. The lyrics were like her own personal love letter to him. It was a letter that she would never send him because it was for her ears only.

When she had first come up with the lyrics, she had sworn to herself that she would never show this to another soul.

As she pressed play, she became overwhelmed with emotion. The bassline was quiet at first, but then gradually became more prominent as the melody kicked in. Mina hummed along to the song as she made small adjustments to some parts.

She still hadn't finished recording the rest of the lyrics, so she planned on recording them this morning.

Clicking on another tab, she pulled up the document that held the lyrics for the song. She read through them a couple time, even though she didn't need to because she knew them by heart.

Just as she had finished recording the first part of the verse, a knock on the door interrupted her recording session.

She minimized the tab as the person entered. "I thought I would find you here."

"Hey, Namjoon," she said quietly. She wasn't in the mood for talking, so she hoped that this conversation would end soon so she could go back to her project.

"Y'know," he started, taking a seat on the extra office chair that was in the studio. "when Jiminie came home last night, he seemed really upset. And well, since I know that you two have been practicing together lately, I assumed that it had something to do with you. Am I wrong?"

Mina sighed. "I don't really know. It's just.."

Namjoon motioned for her to continue. "Come on, you can tell me." His voice was kind and warm.

Mina wanted so desperately to tell him, but she couldn't. Only five people knew and she didn't want to add to that list.

Accidentally, she bumped her mouse with her elbow, causing the file containing her song to open. She didn't realize it was open until Namjoon pointed it out.