Ch. 2: Just another day

Shay's P.O.V.

I sat up. It looked like the passage to the front seat had glass in between it and where I was. I asked "where am I?"

No reply. Must be sound proof. What's this? I found a round microphone thing on the ground. It was attached to a cord that went up to the font seat. Sweet!

I asked again but this time into the mic, "um... Where am I?"

I waited... Finally the man answered
"Oh. You're awake. Good. You're going to this foster care center. It'll be good for you"

Are you kidding me? I don't need help. I'm fine on my own. I rolled my eyes.

"How'd you find me?" I asked with a lot of curiosity.

"I know you from other day. You were running from me. I knew I couldn't catch you if I was subtle so I blindfolded you. Sorry if it seemed harsh."

I raised my eyebrow. Harsh? I'm sorry? Seriously? Wowowowowow!

I sighed and laid back I'm my seat and dropped the mic on the ground.

I guess I dozed off for a few minutes. We arrived at the foster home. There were many happy children and even teenagers playing outside. I raised my lip in disgust. I know I know it sounds harsh but I hate foster homes!

The police officer opened my door and I jumped out. I looked around then slammed the car door with my foot. The man sighed and rolled his eyes. I raised my eyebrow at him.

"What's your name anyway girl?" The officer asked.

"Shay..." I replied angrily. "What's yours?"

"Thomas"

"K" I awkwardly said while nodding.

As we walked up to the door, everyone starred at me. I gave them a look as I walked in the door. Everyone judges me.

"Hi!" The lady who was holding a random baby said.

Why do they have random babies here? It's weird and unusual. I just nodded at the lady.

"This is Shayla Reigh." Thomas explained to her.

How does he know my name? My FULL name to be exact! Why'd he ask my name if he already knew it? Weird.

She showed me my room as Tom left. I waved and he gave a small smirk and wave bye.

The room wasn't that bad. I was sharing it with 2 other people. I had no stuff since I lived on the streets.

I went outside and sat on the porch. There was one other girl on the porch who was on her phone. She was very shy. I don't blame her though. If I were here with strangers who I'm supposed to live with, I wouldn't talk either.

"Hey" I quietly said with a head nod to the girl.

She slowly looked over at me and forced a small smile. The girl looked back to her phone not taking her eyes off of it.

"What's your name?" I curiously asked while scooting closer.

"Hannah." She shyly replied.

"Cool name. I'm Shayla but you can call me Shay."

She smiled again and looked back to her phone. Hannah looked about 16 or 17.

Soon was bedtime and I was the first one in bed. I don't like people so I pretended to sleep. My 2 other roommates came in the room. I didn't pay attention to who they were. I just wanted to get this day over with.

"Well... just another day right?" I said to myself while drifting off to sleep.

The next one will be exciting so please voooote!!!! 3 votes for next update