Chapter Eleven

I know that I'm sick and tired of being here. I really am. I know Tyler and Zander feel the same way.

"Let's do this tonight," I tell them, "no matter what happens, whichever one of us goes, we're all heroes."
"I agree," Zander says.
"What are we going to do until then?" Tyler asks.
"Get to know each other better, I guess. I mean, you and I know each other, but we don't really know Zander," I say.

Tyler and I turn to Zander.

"What school do you go to?" I ask him.
"I dropped out, I'm a freshman in college. I went to Aimes University," he said.
"Do you live with your family?" Tyler asks.
"Yes, I live with my mom and six siblings. Three girls and three boys. Angie, Bailey, Carol, David, Engy, and Edgar. Oh, Engy and Edgar are identical twins."

Wow, he has a huge family. Imagine how loud his house his. And I thought my house was loud with my parents and brother.

"Do you have a girlfriend?" I ask Zander.
"Yo, why do you want to know, B?" Tyler asked.
"Tyler, bro, it's alright. Bella, I do not. Ha-ha. Do you have a boyfriend?" He asks me.
"Nope!" I reply.

This is awkward.

"So, Zander, what is ya full name?" Tyler asks.
"Zander Ackel, I don't have a middle name," he replies.

It's so weird the connection you can feel with someone you've just met. It feels like I've known Zander for longer. It feels like I've known his full name already.

"I can't believe one of us is going to die tonight," I say.
"It's for the best," Zander says in response.

Man, his words really do make you feel better.

...

It's almost midnight now, after a long day of connecting with each other and having the most fun we can in our situation.

By now, we already have the circle of twigs, and we're sitting around it. A little early, but, we don't have phones to check the time. Better to be safe than sorry.

This is the hardest thing I've ever had to do.