Fallout

Every news station in Metropolis was buzzing.

Crowds of reporters were flocking to the scene that unfolded in front of them, eager to get the best footage of their hero and his arch-nemesis locked in combat.

Suddenly, the crowd dispersed as the building behind them crumbled as a result of Superman being thrown into it.

Lex Luthor was unstoppable. His war suit offered him protection against the Kryptonian as well as the same basic strength as his foe and at this point...he was winning.

With a crash, Superman emerged from the crumpled remains of the building that he was catapulted into moments ago, landing directly in front of Lex with a clatter as the road beneath him cracked slightly.

"You're going back to Stryker's!" Superman spoke with a worn-out voice.

"Oh, I plan to...with your head!" Lex smiled, goading on the Man Of Steel.

With a burst of energy, Superman launched himself towards his enemy.

Lex was expecting this...

Dodging Superman's blow just in time, Lex grabbed his legs and swung him around, throwing him into a news van, clumsily parked in the middle of the road.

Before he could get to his feet, he was pinned into the ground by a barrage of green energy being released from a mounted weapon on Lex's arm.

The energy flow came to a halt.

Dazed, weakened and in agony, Superman tried to get up...only to have a large mechanized boot planted on his chest.

"Not so Super anymore, are you?!" Lex smiled while applying more pressure, causing the Kryptonian to wince in pain even more.

Suddenly, there was a loud crack in the clouds above them...

Lex lifted his gaze and looked for the cause of the sound.

Still dazed and barely conscious, Superman felt the weight taken off his chest as he watched a blue and red blur collide with Lex, sending him flying down the street and crashing into the side of a building.

He heard a loud thumping sound in his head as his rescuer came running over to him.

"Kal!" they cried out.

He recognized the frantic high pitched voice almost immediately.

As he focused his eyes more, he was met by the distraught face of his cousin who now had her arm around him, holding him up.

"Are you alright? Please speak to me! Please, Kal!"

Kara had made it to her cousin's side just in time by the looks of it.

Before she opened her mouth again to try and get a response out of him, he whispered something...

"What?" Kara leaned down closer so she could hear.

"Behind....you!" Kal managed to make out with a dry, husky voice.

There was a loud thump behind them, the sound of mechanized feet making contact with tarmac. Kara clenched her fist.

"You must be Supergirl, Cat Grant's little Mascot from National City!" Lex chuckled behind her.

Kara wasn't amused...not one bit.

Lighting up her eyes, Kara flicked her body around to face him and unleashed her heat vision.

Lex held up his arms like a shield, knowing his suit could take the heat.