Strange Temptations

Sirens and gunshots filled the air as an out of control police chase raced through the streets.

Turning violently around a corner and missing a bystander by inches, the blue van continued on its path of havoc.

The passenger emerged from the window and emptied a few rounds from his gun towards the police car pursuing them.

"Hey!" the driver nudged the passenger and delivered him a scowl.

"What?!"

"Conserve your ammo, man. We might need it in case things get ugly."

"Pfff...Cops aren't bulletproof so I might as well enjoy myself!"

"No..."

There was a whoosh followed by a crack above the van, suddenly a dreaded sight appeared in the air in front of them.

"...but SHE is!"

The driver slammed on the brakes.

A blue beam of energy struck one of the front wheels, the van went skidding out of control and collided with a nearby lamp post.

Kara floated delicately above the van as the two goons crawled out, looking up at her in a daze.

"You guys know the drill..." Kara spoke with a casual look on her face and her arms folded.

The sound of sirens blurred behind her as the police car came to a halt, the two officers now walking over with their guns drawn.

"We've got it from here, Supergirl. Thanks for the help!" One of the officers glanced up at her.

"Yep." Kara said as she shot up into the sky, twirling her cape a little as she glided towards the D.E.O.

Touching down, Kara was met by a rather different sight than usual.

The D.E.O. was still recovering from Lex's assault.

Bits of broken glass lying everywhere, some discarded monitors still lurking in corners.

In general, just downright messy for a Secret Government Agency.

J'onn was upfront giving orders as usual.

"Morning, J'onn!" Kara let a little enthusiasm into her voice.

"Good morning, I trust you've been busy?" J'onn asked with his normal, formal tone.

"Two jewellery thieves, a perfect start to the day. What's the damage here?"

The two were now walking.

"Most systems are still operational, a few prisoners escaped containment which are being round up as we speak. I have Brainiac 5 sweeping the mainframe to make sure none of our data leaked during the power outage. That's pretty much it."

J'onn came to a halt.

"What about you?" J'onn's tone was now a lot less formal, almost sympathetic.

"What about me?"

"Well, how are you feeling since..."

"Oh, I'm fine! Much better...no need to worry," Kara insisted, she was starting to get annoyed about people worrying about her since her recent, near-fatal encounter.

Straying away from that subject, another matter crossed her mind.

Kara had to push herself to ask...

"Have you seen Mon-El?" Kara instantly regretted asking.

"Actually, I saw him this morning. He left in the Legion Cruiser with Imra."

"What?! Why...is he going somewhere?" Kara's voice peaked with frustration.