Heroes Unite

"So, let me get this straight..." Oliver said as he paced the room.

The D.E.O. was slightly more crowded than normal.

The combined unit of Team Arrow and the Legends made up most of the gathering.

Cisco and Gypsy stood to the side, accompanied by Caitlin who had arrived just moments earlier.

Winn, J'onn and Alex stood opposite. Standing beside them were Mon-El, Imra and Brainy, making up the ranks of the Legion.

Everyone was here.

"Barry and Kara are trapped in a giant, skull-shaped spaceship, floating above Earth," Oliver continued.

"The thing that took them is his great ancestor," Oliver gestured in Brainy's direction, "and you want us to fly up there, fight through an entire robot army and maybe, just maybe, get to them without dying?"

"More or less..." Clark nodded.

Cisco snorted.

"We can't just sit here and do nothing," J'onn said.

"They are our friends. All of you in this room would be lying if you said Barry and Kara haven't helped you in some way, helped you to be better."

"Sounds fair to me," Sara said, resting her hand on Oliver's shoulder.

"We defeated the Dominators back on our Earth, how hard can a bunch of tin cans be?"

"I think the main question here is...how do we get up there?" Wally asked.

"Our Cruiser can get us up there," Mon-El said, "if we approach at the right angle, we should be able to get in undetected."

"Right, but is there enough room for everyone? I mean, there is a lot of us here," Ray said with a sceptical smile on his face.

"That could be an issue," Alex said, "it's not as if you have the Waverider handy?"

Sara smirked.

Reaching to the back of her belt, Sara produced an object which could easily be mistaken for a toy. She grinned as she rested a miniaturized Waverider in her hand...

"Are you kidding me?!" Alex exclaimed.

Winn and Cisco's jaws nearly hit the floor.

"Just a little kink I've been working on, don't shower me in praise just yet," Ray grinned smugly.

"OK, this changes things a bit," Clark said.

"Still sceptical, Mr Queen?" J'onn asked.

Oliver frowned.

"Forgive me for being sincere," he said, "but everyone in this room is here for a reason. We don't leave our friends behind."

"Is this the part where you give us a boring speech?" Mick rolled his eyes with a sneer.

"If we skipped this little...pep talk, we could already be on our way to saving Red and Skirt from the Alien bastard and be back in time for a nice cold beer!"

Everyone stared at Mick in astonishment.

"In all fairness, he does have a point," Laurel said. "Partially, anyway..."

"Agreed," Clark said as he stepped forward.

"Our friends are in danger, let's change that!"

"We should split into teams," J'onn said.

"I think I'll ride with these guys," Cisco said, pointing over to where the Legion was standing.

"Right behind you, buddy!" Winn said as he chased after him.