Prologue

Hey guys! This is my first story and I'm only doing this for fun. I'm not perfect and I will make grammar mistakes.

***************

Perfect.

That's the only word that can describe my life at this moment. Ever since I was younger, I dreamt of getting married and in a week my dream would come true. I am to become Mrs. Rogers in seven days and I couldn't be more happy.

I was going over some details with my wedding planner in my living room; when my best friend and maid of honor Ashley, rushed in. Her blonde hair was a mess and her make up just the same. Instead her cheeks were soaked with black streaks and her lipstick smeared all over. She looked completely terrible.

After the shock passed, I got up and rushed to her side. "Ashley, what's wrong?" I asked her.

"Audrey, I-I have done a terrible thing." She replied weakly. She gave me a hug and over her shoulder I looked at my wedding planner puzzled. Ashley was never like this. She was always happy and ecstatic. But at this moment she was sobbing on my shoulder like her life depended on it.

"Ashley, please take a seat I'll bring you some water and tissues," I told her while leading her to my love seat. I quickly rushed over to my kitchen, I filled up a glass of water and grabbed some tissues on the way back. She took it from my hands after I sat next to her. She looked up at my wedding planner Katie, with an embarrassed expression.

"Katie we can talk on the phone later, you have most of the things I wanted to talk about ready," I told her while giving her a sad smile.

"Of course Audrey," She responded. Katie quickly grabbed her files along with her purse and dashed out the door.

I looked over at Ashley. "Talk to me about it", I told her while giving her a small smile. I noticed her make up was smeared even more and more tears began to gather in her eyes.

"Audrey, I had an affair with a taken man," she confessed, her cheeks red from embarrassment. I gasped at her confession thinking I hadn't heard her right.

"Come again" I asked her slowly.

"I-I had an affair and I'm pregnant," She responded before she started sobbing again.

"Oh my God Ashley! Does he know?" I asked her getting up from my seat.

"No and I don't want to tell him because he broke things off with me, he's getting married soon." She answered close to a whisper.

"That jerk, how could he do that to you? You're amazing and beautiful. Wait Ashley, this means you're becoming a mother. What are you going to do?" I asked her frantically.

"I don't know! My parents will be so ashamed and they will surely make me get rid of my baby. I don't want to Audrey!" She began to sob again, I could see hoe desperate she was.

I gave her more tissues to wipe her face and I rubbed circles on her back. A few minutes later I have her ahug and told her to go home so she could rest. She gave me another glance and walked out into the hot moonless night.

***************

Yay! first chapter is done. This shindig is just starting, things will start to get good in the chapters that follow.