Chapter 16

Enjoy!

********************

Audrey

I swallowed the bit of pizza and pretended that the news didn't affect me at all. I got up from my seat and grabbed a glass of water, aware that Chase was looking intently at me.

"I'm going to go take a shower." I muttered while placing the empty glass on the counter.

"Want some company?" Chase asked me without a trace of humor.

I shook my head and quickly left the kitchen. I heard him laugh from down the hall and I quickened my pace. I pulled out my phone once in my room, and immediately sent a text to Miranda. I informed her of the party I was attending later tonight hosted by Isaiah Lewis himself.

She responded right away asking me to keep my guard up and try to get to know the man as well to find out his connections. I placed my phone on the bed and grabbed a white fluffy towel. I was rinsing my hair when I heard commotion outside. I quickly finished showering and stepped out.

I pulled on undergarments and a casual dress. I walked up to my window and spotted Chase sparring with Alexander in shorts. I was also aware of Chase's gorgeous upper body and I of course left my eyes to wonder all over. I was mindlessly checking him out that I didn't notice they had stopped sparring and were now looking towards my window. I stood there with my eyes wide open and my cheeks burning.

Chase began to grin and waved at my direction. I awkwardly waved back and moved away from the window. I walked towards my restroom and dried my hair. I took out the dress I would be wearing later on tonight and placed it on my bed. I searched for a pair of gold heels in my suitcase and noticed my rings were missing.

I began to hyperventilate and tried to regain my balance while standing. I checked my bathroom and bedside table but they were nowhere in sight. I also checked every pocket of my purse and came up empty handed.

I heard a soft knock on my door and Chase appeared seconds later freshly showered in a pair of jeans and a white t-shirt. His grin fell when he noticed I could hardly keep myself up. He immediately came to me and placed my arms on his shoulders.

"Calm down Audrey, I've got you. What ever it is, forget about it and calm down. Please slow down your breathing." Chase murmured in my hair, and I let his voice soothe me.

He held me upright and scooped me up in his arms. He walked towards my bed and gently sat me down. He tried to step away but I held him closer to me. He began to stroke my back and I relaxed into his touch. I held his face in my hands and leaned in, kissing him gently on the lips.

I let go completely and he held my cheek lightly. I leaned into his hand finding much needed comfort in the small gesture. He kissed me bringing himself down to my height. I felt his right hand slip something round on my left hand and I quickly pulled back.

"You found my rings! Where did you find them?" I asked breathlessly.

"On the kitchen counter, now where were we." He responded bringing his lips down to mine again.

I pulled on his t-shirt and he deepened the kiss. I responded eagerly to him and I was completely lost in the foreign feelings he made me feel.

I heard a loud impatient knock on my door and quickly scrambled away from Chase. He stood up and fixed his hair while I did the same.

"Who is it?" I asked in a leveled voice.

"Who do you think it is?" I heard Adrianne's voice from the other side causing me to groan.