Chapter 23

Enjoy!

From left to right, Krista, Melissa, Megan.
********************

Audrey

We arrived home thirty minutes later, Justin opened the door for us and Chase helped me out.

"We will be returning back." Justin informed us and climbed back into the vehicle.

Chase and I nodded at them and watched them leave. At the door I noticed Stephen watching us. "Good evening Mr and Mrs Parker."

"Hi Stephen." I responded with a small smile.

"Its good to have you back sir." Stephen said and walked towards the back of the house retiring for the night, after closing the front door.

Chase held on to my hand and walked with me into the kitchen. He sat on a stool and I walked towards the refrigerator and grabbed a bag of ice.

"This might hurt, but it will get the swelling down." I told Chase with a straight face.

I placed the bag on his face and he winced at the pain. "I'm sorry." I whispered and he closed his eyes.

"So, how did it happen?" I asked him, licking my lower lip.

He followed my movement with his eyes and didn't respond my question. "Chase." I said a little louder and he perked up.

"Sorry, I was distracted. Well, I went into the parking lot searching for you and I was ambushed. They put a black cloth bag over my head and kicked me off my feet. I fell on the ground and they kicked me until they heard Alexander coming. Before I could scream, I was slammed into a vehicle and I threatened them, telling them I would kill them all before the day ended. They got angry so one of them punched me on the stomach, and began to beat me one by one." He responded and the air left my body as if I was punched on the stomach, hearing of what they did.

I held his face in between my hands and gazed at his eyes. "It's my fault for leaving you without letting you explain. Why did you kiss Kayla in the first place?" I asked him trying to keep the jealously out of my tone, but failed miserably.

He eyed me with calculating eyes and responded. "I heard the commotion outside and then I heard your voice. I was about to get up and talk to you but she grabbed my face and kissed me. Then you walked in and you know what happened next. I would never betray you, Audrey." Chase spoke with such sincerity that I felt overwhelmed.

"I know, it's just that in that moment I was too stunned and the only thing I thought about doing was leaving." I responded with a frown.

He reached into his pocket and grabbed my left hand. I felt the familiar coolness of my wedding and engagement rings and smiled.

He leaned closer and kissed me gently on the lips. He pulled back wincing after our faces touched. "Sorry." I responded placing the bag on his face again.

"Its fine." He responded and I sighted.

"I'm going to go take a shower." I blurted out seconds later.

"Want some company?" He asked me with a grin.

I shook my head and he laughed at my tainted cheeks. "I wont push you, but I would like for you to sleep with me in our bedroom."

"That I will do." I responded giving him the bag of ice and went up towards my room.

I went in and noticed my clothes were placed nicely in my closet. Adelaida's doing no doubt. I grabbed undergarments and sweats with a large t-shirt.