Chapter 15

When I get back to my house I pack a bag full of my clothes for the nest couple days, I was going to stay at Alec's for a while. 

As I was walking out of the house I saw Mitchel in the kitchen and Alex sitting on the counter, the wonderful sell of chocolate chip pancakes enter my nose. I moan at the smell and Alex tuned around, before he could say anything, I bolted out the door.

"Melanie! Wait! I'm sorry I was hungover and I regret what I said! Please forgive me?" His voice getting smaller as I walk down the street for my bike, my car is already over at Alec's place.

***

When I walk into school the next day I get a shit ton of glares from the girls and a shit ton of amused looks from the boys. At first I was wondering what it all the looks were about, then Ashley came up to me and reminded me.

"I can't believe the depressed nerd was so strong." she said walking up to me.

"What are you talking about?"
"Like you forgot!" she scoffs in m y face starting to tick me off, when she relizes I'm just givingher a blank stare she practically screams in my face, "You knocked out Jordan!?"

Oh, that's what the looks were.

I smirk, playing it cool, and lean in close to her, "Say that a little louder I think china couldn't here you yet."

She lets out a little huff and turns in her like 50 inch stripper heels and walks briskly away.

I walk in to my first class, I changed first hour after Kat. When I walk in I see Ashton, WTF is he doing here he is the exact reason  I moved classes he wouldn't stop talking to me and after I switch classes he stopped.

I go to sit down when I notice something I didn't see before.

Alex.

He's talking to Ashton I go a couple seats back further from my normal seat to snoop on what there talking about.

"Ya I moved here a couple weeks ago, I was think about going to Alexander Hamilton High School but someone said I should go here. well before she got mad at me and left." Alex explained to Ashton. Thanking the lord that he didn't say my name my prayer shatters when Ashton asks who she was. "Melanie or she goes by Mel by her friends."

I slowly look behind me real quick and see Ashton looking taken back.

"M-M-Mel?" Ashton stutters.

"Ya do you know her?" Alex asks.

"Well she's the reason I just moved to this class today is my first day here she switch all of her class after her-"

"I don't think you want to talk about her with me around." I say now standing in front of his desk with my hands on the corners so Im leaning on it glaring at Ashton.

"Mel?!" Both of the guys say looking at me.

"It's Melanie." I snap they probably are looking at me with there eyes popping out of there head because I got a total makeover last night. (Image above)

"Umm you look different." Ashton states.

"Ya do you like it." I ask batting my eyes and making my voice go to a really preppy little girl voice.

Leaving their confused looks I sit down in my seat.

***

It's lunch so I go outside across the street by a tree and start to smoke a cigarette, I've been smoking more ever since Kat died and becoming more fed up with life I guess.

"Hey Melanie?" I look over my shoulder and see Alex walking toward me.

"Go away." I say turning back around.

"Look I'm sorry about what I said the other morning I didn't realize where I was until you left. I really like you and was wondering if we could be friends again?" he says coming up behind me.

I turn around and look him straight in the eyes, "Sorry but I would know what it's like to have someone like you as a friends or boyfriends I should say."

"what?" he asks confusion taking over his face.

"Nothing. Now leave."

"Not until you give me a chance." he pouts crossing his arms like a little kid.

"Fine come to the bar tonight, I'll meet you there."

"Ok, see you later." He turns on his heel and walks away.

I t\lean against the tree and continue to smoke until I hear some footsteps walking toward me slowly, "I can hear you if your trying to sneak up on me."

"Damn it!" I hear a voice I know all to well.

"What do you want Ashton."

"Why did you know him?"

"Friends of friends." I say.

"Well is he your boyfriend?"

"God no I would never date him or any one at the moment actually."

"Oh." he says disappointment in his voice.

"Well you could leave now." I say stomping out my smoke and walking back toward the school parking lot.

"Where you going?" Ashton asks coming after me.

"Places." I say leaving on my bike.