Family Reunion

We both walk up my street, me casually looking behind to see if the guy is still following me. We turn into my driveway and I pause at the mailbox.
"Here it is." I say quietly.
We walk towards the door and I knock loudly. Knock, knock, knock!
The door opens slowly and I see a tall strawberry blonde girl looking through the crack in the door. Her eyes widen and the door slams shut. I can hear the sound of chains rattling against each other. The door opens wildly and my twin sister runs at me. Her arms wrap around me tightly and I see my two little brothers over her shoulder. Their hair is all messed up and they're in their pyjamas.
"Where have you been?!" She was shaking me hard in the shoulders. I tried shaking her off, but gave up when she wouldn't let go.
"I wanted to go on a shortcut to home, but I ran into trouble." I say, craning my neck to look behind me and down the street. My twin obviously forgot that the police guy was still here and then remembered. She turned and pointed at him.
"Were you the trouble?" She asked, raising an eyebrow. Her eyes trained onto the badge on his shirt and instantly dropped her hand and mouth. "Did you get arrested?!" She looked so shocked.
   "No, I didn't get arrested," I roll my eyes. "What type of person do you take me for?"
   "A stupid one."
   "Hey!" I slapped her arm. Hard.
   "I'm kidding! I'm kidding!" She held up her arms to defend herself. I stopped. We were too busy that we didn't notice our parents come up behind us. My dad hugs me from behind and my mum in front.
   "We missed you so much!" They both say in union.
   "What about us?" My two little brothers pipe up. Reaching up at me. My parents let go and I bend down to hug them both.
   "I missed you all." I say, once I stand back up straight, looking at all the faces of my family, coming to rest on the polices' face. "But I need your help."
"What's wrong?" My mum says with her soft voice. I walk towards the guy that saved my life.
"He needs help. Mum, do you have any bandages?" I point at his hand. She looks where I'm pointing and gasps. She motions for us to follow her inside.