The Dream

"May I come in?" Says a familiar voice. How do I know this voice?
"Yeah, sure." I reply, sitting up. The door opens quietly and a tall, blonde haired guy walks in. He closes the door behind him before coming towards me. He gently sits on the end of the bed and gives me a small smile.
"Hey, Jordan. It's good to see your eyes open again."
"It feels good too. Um, you must be Jay, right? My sister told me that you've been staying here overnight. But I just can't remember you that well." I say, looking down at my bruised hands.
"Yeah, I've been staying here overnight, just waiting for you to open your eyes. I was hoping that you'd remember me, but I wasn't sure if you would." I looked up and into his ocean blue eyes.
   "I remember little bits and pieces, but not a lot. Maybe my memory will come back soon. I remember that you're a police officer that saved me from a murderer."
   "Yep, that's me." He looks down, his cheeks going a light red colour. Is he blushing?
   "Are you ok?" I ask.
   "Yeah, I'm fine." He answers, while getting off the bed. "Um, I think that Dr Reeta is gonna come in soon, so I think I should leave now."
   "Is that the doctor's name?" I ask.
   "Yes."
   "Thanks, cause I was wondering what her name was." I smile at him.
   "Uh, would it be awkward if I hugged you goodbye?" He asked, looking at his feet.
   "No." I shrug. I wriggle to the edge of the bed and let my legs dangle. He comes over and pulls me into a gentle embrace. My chin doesn't even get up to his shoulder, and he's standing!

   There was a knock at the door and it opened. Dr Reeta walked in with paper in her hands and when she saw Jay and I, she stopped in her tracks.
   "Am I interrupting something?" She asks.
   "No, not at all. I was just leaving." Jay lets go of me and looks me in the eyes, "I'll be back." He walks past Dr Reeta and opens the door. Just before I see the door close, I could see him looking at me with soft eyes.

****

   "There seems to be nothing wrong with you Ms Flair. Well, apart from bruises." Dr Reeta says, looking at her papers.
   "That's good right?" I asked cautiously.
   "Of course it is!" She smiles at me and places a hand on my shoulder. "Will you be ready to go home tomorrow?"
   "Yes, I've been feeling really homesick lately. It would be nice to see my house again." I say.
   "Then it's settled." She smiles again and walks out and closes the door, leaving me in the hospital room alone.

****

That night I had a dream

   I was walking down an alley, a light orange jacket wrapped around me to keep me warm. I felt like I was being followed, so I started running. I ran all the way home and locked all the doors and windows.
   "What's wrong sweetie?" Mum asks, looking worried.
   "I feel like I'm being followed." I say panicked.
   "Oh, nonsense." Dad said, smiling.
   "Honey, stop teasing your daughter, she's obviously scared." Mum said, hitting dad's arm.
   "Don't you ever feel like something or someone is watching you?" I ask them both.
   "Yeah, sometimes." My mum says.
   "Hey Jordie!" Mena calls from my bedroom. "Come here!"
   "Coming!" I yell.
   "Shh! The boys are in bed." Dad gently taps the top of my head. I smile and head up to my room.
   "I'm here, what did you want?" I looked at her and she was staring at my bed. On the bed was something hiding  underneath the covers. It was staining the covers a dark red. What is it? I walk to the bed and lift the covers. I see a body of a tall guy with a blue suit and badge covered in blood. His eyes were open, staring at the ceiling. His eyes used to be a beautiful dreamy ocean blue colour. But now, they're dull and crystallised.

   I stumbled backwards and screamed, only to be caught by a dark shape, holding me against a wall with a sharp knife at my chest. I tried looking around for Mena to help me, but she wasn't there.
   "I've got you now." The creepy voice said in my ear. I screamed when I felt the blade go through my heart.