One

I was restless even if it were only the morning, completely exhausted despite the fact I hadn't even started the school day yet. I woke up previous times throughout the night with terrifying dreams, not nearly as bad as a nightmare but not nearly as good that I wish I could remember them. My Mum recommends I see a counsellor. Yet, she is the sort of parent to send you to the hospital with a paper cut.

Our school had been on a 'sudden vacation' my Mum liked to call it since she didn't know how else to. She decided for me to think of it as a good thing. The school's plumbing system had gone haywire and we had been without water in the school for 2 weeks. Yet, this wasn't any normal vacation since it wasn't legally classed as a 'school holiday' we had work sent home to us.

My head knocked against the glass window as I desperately craved for more time to sleep on the short car journey. But before I knew it, our particularly small car had already parked up on the pavement and was ready for me to leave the seat I had only just became comfortable with.

"Have a good day at school sweetheart." My Mum spoke with a slight croak in her voice as she seemed almost reluctant to let me leave.

A pair of shaky hands gently cupped at both of my flushed cheeks until she tilted my head down to place a sympathetic kiss on the top of my forehead which glistened with heat from the sunlight pouring through the car window. A smile curled its way to her lips when her hands fell from my face. I clicked my fingertips at the seatbelt and I pulled at the door handle.

"Lexie." My Mum spoke quickly,

I turned my head around to her, watching her lips as they turned up at the sides into a warm smile. "Be careful." She sighed.

"I always am." I laughed at her small comment.

Leaving a quick kiss on her cheek, returning the gesture, I exited the car and shut the door behind me until I heard it click successfully. Before I had even stepped foot into the hallway I recognised the familiar chatter of separate year groups, recognising familiar faces, the same snobby couples, the same grossing teachers, the same dreaded look on everybody's faces and for a second I almost believed that I'd missed coming here for 2 weeks straight.

Nah.

I pulled my bag effortlessly off my shoulder and to my feet as I reached my familiar locker. It were only cream, nothing special. A few stickers stuck to the front of it to remind myself that it was mine since they pretty much were all identical. As the locker opened, I placed the books from my bag that were unneeded until later on in the day to the top shelf.

When I stepped back, I kicked the door shut with the the heel of my foot until I heard a slam. Leaning down, I took a tight hold of my bag strap and balanced it over my shoulder as I adjusted it in order to keep a better hold.

A long arm was slung over my shoulder and instinctively, I jumped. Before I could let out a frightful scream, a jumper sleeve was thrown over my mouth. Quickly, I was forced back against the locker and I worriedly looked up until I recognised the familiar scent and I pushed them away with a harsh stumble.

"If you ever do that to me again I swear to god I'll rip off your legs." I ordered.

"Sorry Lex." Michael couldn't help but laugh as he held onto the sides of his hood and pulled it down, revealing his lime green hair.

Despite my lack of effort trying to be angry with him, I pulled him happily into a large hug and sighed into his chest. He seemed quiet for a moment as he returned the gesture, wrapping his arms around me as I could feel his smile at the top of my head.

"Where have you been?" He asked as he pulled away.

"You know my Mum." I shrugged and he lightly laughed.