Four

We were at the back of class again and I sat mindlessly, my eyes continued to flicker into Luke's direction. Again, he sat alone. But this time I made sure that I wouldn't be going up to him. If I wanted to help him it'd only ever be casually.

When the bell spilled its way through the classrooms, Luke was the first to leave. He grabbed his bag, threw it over his shoulder and ran out of the classroom and I didn't make any try of running after him.

"Lexie, you said you'd come with me to see our Music teacher, remember?" Ashton reminded me.

"Oh, yeah." I replied quick.

We both said good bye to Calum and Michael and made our way over to the Music department. Ashton ordered me to wait outside while he talked to his teacher about some outstanding word and I lazily wondered the corridors.

I scanned the empty rooms which were nothing but pitch black and I came to the last one, about to turn to the leave. I stopped slowly in my tracks when I noticed familiar dirty blonde hair, their back faced to me. The boy was sat down on a stool, his head in his arms.

I took a deep breath and twisted the handle carefully. I watched as Luke snapped his head around and into my direction. He had black square glasses covering his eyes and he pushed them up to the rim of his nose, eyeing me emotionlessly. A lump formed in the back of my throat but I covered it with a small smile, closing the door behind us.

Written pages were scattered across the top of the piano and I immediately could feel myself smile at the sight, taking closer steps towards the scripted lines.

Before I could reach my hands towards the paper, Luke already took them all into his arms and pushed them to the bottom of his bag in frustration and grumbled to himself, cursing quietly as they only fit with struggle. His fingertips seemed to tremble and he became agitate as he began to shout words.

"I'll help you." I gestured, reaching towards his bag.

"I'M FINE!" He screamed. A loud gasp left my trembled lips and my heart picked up in pace, lightly stumbling. His chest slowly rose and fell and he finally closed his bag. "Just leave me alone." He muttered. "I don't need your help."

Before I knew it, Luke angrily opened the door and slammed it shut behind him. My back slowly stumbled back against the wall and I loudly sighed to myself when the back of my head came to contact with the wall.

It was useless for me hoping I could help Luke, he was obviously distraught by the previous events and I had only made him worse by trying to help.

I silently scanned the room when I pushed myself from the wall and I noticed a crumpled piece of paper in the corner of the room. Nervously, I bit my lip and knelt to the floor to take it in my hands and open it up before me.

"This makes no sense." I groaned to myself.

I sat properly on the floor and scanned the words on the paper. Majority of the words had been majorly scribbled on and the title looked as though it had been ripped off, so there was no possibility of reading it.

I held the crumpled piece of paper closer to my face, my eyes adjusting to the messy words.

I don't wanna go

Sudden words are hard to speak
When your thoughts are all I see

So close but so far away
Can you hear me

She sleeps alone
My heart wants to come home
I wish I was, beside you

I wish that I could rewind

I made a promise that I'll come home soon.
Bring me back, bring me back to you.

My only reaction was to gulp when I realised the words were based upon Luke's previous relationship with the girlfriend. The words instantly gave it away and spoke for themselves. But I felt myself gasp as I noticed the stained tear marks into the paper and I forced myself to look away.

When I stood up from the floor, I folded the paper neatly and placed it at the top of my bag, throwing the strap onto my shoulder. Luckily, no-one was around when I exited the darkened music room and I walked down the hall to the large exit. Ashton wasn't in the Music room so I decided just to leave.

"Keep her away from me!" I heard a croaked and hoarse voice from around the wall, followed by a shout. "I don't want anyone reminding me of what happened." They continued.

My lips shakily parted as I nervously stopped to look down the darkened corridor where I could barely see the outline of the two bodies. The boy who had spoken had roughly pushed the opposing boy to the locker to knock some sense into him.

"She was just trying to help you. We told her not to say anything but she saw how upset you were." I made out Ashton's voice and I knew the girl they were mentioning was me.

"She won't fucking leave me alone." Luke hissed. "She needs to know, I don't need any help from anyone or to reminded anymore of what I've done and what's happened."

I stepped a little closer to their direction until I was visible in the light and both heads were turned into my direction. Luke's hands were dropped from Ashton's neck and he muttered something into his ear. Luke gripped onto his bag and brushed past my side roughly when he walked away.

~

Luke's POV

"Luke." She whispered gently, lips occasionally brushing my ear when she spoke.

The small memory caused the tears to spill from my eyes and my fists to tighten. I screamed out once I ran into my bedroom, grabbing the first thing at my side which was a lamp and chucked it with all my anger to the other side of the room and watched it shatter.

I pooled to the floor, first to my knees then to my hands to keep my balance and then to to my side where I cradled myself into a ball. I wept and cried into the palms of my hands, no sounds seeming to come from my mouth. But I soon screamed out curse words for everything to go away.

"What do you want?" I had asked simply.

"I want the fairytale." She replied.

"STOP IT!" The words bursts from my lungs and I hastily gripped at the edges of my bed covers to pull myself up, only pulling them down with me.

My body started to shake and tremble, cradling myself in my arms when I rocked back and forth. My Mum came rushing in minutes afterwards, holding me in my arms when she cooed quietly in my air, repeating that everything was going to be ok. It wasn't. She was gone.

"Luke, calm down." She whispered, a hint of worry in her voice.

I hiccuped on my cries, gasping out in the thin air. The familiar sound of her beautiful laugh filled my ear drums only to make me scream louder, praying out for help. My Mum held me tighter and her lips were shaky against the back of my head.

A teeth rattling scream shot through my head, followed by the loud sound of glass shattering and the cries for help around us. I felt like I couldn't breath as I tried to inhale deep heaps of breath but couldn't find enough.

"MAKE IT STOP!" I choked out to no one in particular. "I-I just want it to all go away."