Five

My mind felt dazed when I sat at the regular lunch table, the same people scattering the same tables. Yet, one person wasn't here, wasn't at the regular table which deserted him from everybody else. Luke.

He hadn't been in school for a total of 3 days. 3 days. I couldn't help my endless debating that the vanishing of his presence was somehow my fault. Supposedly, Ashton and I were the last person to see him before he surprisingly disappeared.

I had even asked the teachers on his disappearance and they were overly shocked at my questions and following school's policy, they were unable to tell me. Yet I had luckily been informed that he was doing fine and should be in school 'before I know it'.

"What if we're the reason why he's not in school?" I croaked, muttering to Ashton.

He was only luckily listening in on Michael and Calum's conversation and not fully engaged. His body turned towards me and his elbow rested on the table, his eyes gazing at me questioningly once I sighed.

"Lexie. Stop worrying yourself." Ashton's hand cupped my cheek with a reassuring look. "He's probably just not feeling too good."

I only nodded, parting my gaze from his eyes when his hand had dropped. "I don't know." I shook my head.

"I heard everything he said to you about keeping me away from him. We must of got him really angry Ashton, this is all our thought." I whispered.

"God dammit Lexie, stop worrying!" He growled at me, keeping his voice quiet. "This isn't our fault, Ok? You need to trust me."

I starred into his gory eyes, noticing the lack of colour and emotion they would be originally, glistening in lockets of brown and green.

"Lexie?" I heard a croaking voice.

My head quickly snapped at the source of sound and my mouth gaped at the sight of Luke. He seemed hesitant, hands sturdy in his black hoodie pockets. He had his head down but lifted it back up again to meet my gaze.

I immediately stepped up from the circular seat and felt in too much of a shock to say anything. Luke nervously gulped, his eyes looking a little swollen, tints of red sparkling in his glossy eyes from where he looked as though he had been crying.

"Hey." I huffed out in the silence.

There were several moments silence again between us and I wanted to ponder Luke with questions with where he's been but if I did, I knew I'd seem like an obsessive girlfriend so I kept my mouth shut, smiling at his presence.

He nervously moved on the spot, moving to rest on the sides of his feet to balance himself, chewing at his bottom lip, gnawing at the skin.

"Can I talk to you for a second?" He mumbled.

"You can talk to her here. We're all listening with open ears." Ashton replied smugly.

I scowled at him, knowing he was purposely avoiding my gaze. Him and Luke both exchanged looks and I could feel the slight tension between them but either way I ignored it and followed Luke out of the doors and into the quiet corridors.

"I'm sorry." He coughed under his breath, almost as if he didn't want me to hear, keeping eyes from my gaze. "I just wanted to say I'm sorry. Things haven't really been good for me recently and I can't help but take it out on the people around me."

I shook my head, surprised with his outbreak of words. "No, I get it. I shouldn't of come off so eager to help you."

His feet shuffled a little and in the process he decreased the tiniest distance, finally looking up to me with worried eyes and I could see the pain and guilt flash behind them.

"I am s-so.. So sorry Lexie." He stuttered.

"I should be the one apologising." I admitted but he only lightly laughed.

I laughed also, trying to bring joy into this touchy subject and his soon died down. He adjusted his posture, straightening his back.

I mimicked his actions, reaching my hand out to him and he looked at me in complete confusion.

"Let's start over." I started. "I'm Lexie.

Luke's face was straight for several moments and I almost dropped my hand when it had been lingering in the air in front of him for the past several seconds. He brought a broken smile onto his colourful lips, clasping my hand into his, releasing a steady breath.

"Luke. Luke Hemmings."

~

THIS UPDATE TOOK ME SO LONG WOW! This chapter was quite bad also, bUT I PROMISE FROM NOW IT'LL GET BETTER JUST TRUST ME... Please.