゚・*゚19 ゚・*゚

"congratulations, mark hyung and jinyoung hyung!"

"i honestly didn't think pd-nim would be so chill about it..."

"me too, but im glad he was!"

"congratulations, hyungs!"

"markjin!"

"our ahgases will be so happy!"

the new couple smiled at the five other members, then looked at each other. mark had never felt so much love for someone before, and he was almost scared.

but it was definitely a good kind of scared.

-

"hi, dad? could you and mum come to the dorm tomorrow at around lunch time? it's something important... ok, see you!"

mark and jinyoung both contacted their parents, asking them to meet at got7's dorm. mark's parents were in korea, and jinyoung was immensely grateful, as he could convey what he wanted to say in person, sincerely.

-
"jinyoung-ah! it's been so long, we missed you so much!" jinyoung's parents engulfed him in a big hug as mark waited politely. "hello to you too, mark! I hope you and your parents have been well?" jinyoung's mother said as they took turns to shake mark's hand. "yes ma'am, we are doing fine. what about you?"

polite conversation was exchanged as they waited for mark's parents to arrive. soon enough, the sound of the doorbell ringing echoed through the house. "ah, that must be my parents," mark said. "excuse me for a moment, i'll go get the door."

-
"thank you very much for coming, it must have been very inconvenient, being a weekday and all." the couple bowed apologetically.

"it was no problem at all," both mark and jinyoung's parents smiled, and mark's dad spoke. "what's the matter, though? is everything okay?"

mark took that as his opportunity and patted jinyoung's hand for comfort. "sir, ma'am, mum, dad," mark gulped nervously before continuing. "may i have the permission to date jinyoung?"

"..."

"this is, undoubtedly, a shock for us-" jinyoung's father said, looking at jinyoung's mother.

"really? i knew it all along! dorine, you owe me a dollar, it took more than two months for our sons to grow some ba-"

"yes, yes," mark's mother laughed and took a dollar from her purse.

"sorry, dear, but jinyoung's dad had no clue, so i think you have to give him some time to process this," jinyoung's mother smiled warmly at mark and patted her husband's hand.

"your mother and i are two hundred percent supportive, son," mark's father smiled before adding quietly, "but your mum also owes me a dollar."

jinyoung laughed, squeezing mark's hand affectionately.

"eomma, appa, uncle raymond, aunty dorine, may i have the permission to date mark?"

-
at the end of the day, mark and jinyoung received everyone's blessings, except jinyoung's dad, who was still in shock.

"father," jinyoung started, afraid of what his father might say. was he homophobic? did he not approve? many thoughts ran through jinyoung's mind as he worried about what could go wrong.

fortunately, all his thoughts were for nothing, as his father's voice snapped him out of his worried thoughts.

jinyoung's father patted mark's back, smiled, and said, "welcome to the family, son."