part one « "promise we can date when we're sixteen?"

Johnny's Pov

The gentle touch of my pointer finger traced all along the old, vague photograph.

My eyes fluttered as I payed attention to every small detail inside of it, everything that was laying before my eyes.

At the bottom of the picture, had a short, brief caption. 'THE JENZIE PARK.' it read in big printed, sloppy handwriting.

It was me, and Mackenzie. We were at the park, our favorite park actually. We called it our park since no one ever showed.

We liked to believe that we had discovered it, but someone had to of built it, right?

It was a questionable thing when we were younger, not so much now.

Now, we don't even think about it. Well, I do... I always will. I'll always think about our park.

I remember the day we discovered it, and the day we took this photograph..

My hands delicately adjusted the photograph so I had a nice firm grip on it.

*Flashback*
Mackenzie and I were curious little eight and a half year olds.

We liked to think that we would be friends forever! And we totally would!

"Hey Kenziee?" I chirped questionably. She looked at me. "Yes Johnny?" She asked back.

"What's that?" I questioned, and pointed to a hidden area behind trees.

"I don't know... let's check it out!" Mackenzie called out. "Race ya!" I screeched.

The two of us ran to the place and argued about who won and who didn't. (I won.)

"Woah." We said in unison, amazed at the view. It was a playground!

"Jinx you owe me a soda," Mackenzie grinned. I wrinkled my nose. "Okay, fine."

"Look at this luxurious park!" I said in awe. "What does luxurious mean Johnny?" Kenzie asked.

"I don't know but I remember my mommy saying it once." I admitted and she nodded.

"Lets go down the slide, and we could take a picture, I brought my camera."  She said, I told her "okay."

We sat on the top of the slide, and took a picture of us holding hands.

The picture popped out. "Perfect." we said in unison. "Jinx!" we said again, and laughed.

"We could call this the jenzie park." I suggested. "What's that?" she asked cluelessly.

"It's our names together, jenzie!" I shrieked. "Sounds cooler than a cucumber." She replied and i smiled.

"Johnny... my mommy says we cant date. She said we were too young, and she said maybe when we're sixteen."

My smile vanished. "Me too.. my mommy said that." I admitted. "Promise when we're sixteen we can?" She questioned.

"I promise Mackenzieee."

*End of flashback.*

Here I was. Sixteen years old. After those days, Mackenzie and I were friends. We were amazing friends.

We were always best friends and we swore that we always would be.

Until, she moved. Mackenzie moved when we were 15.

We still texted, we still FaceTimed, but it was never really the same.

I missed her. I missed her face, I missed her smile and her laugh.

I missed the way she would giggle when I would tease her.

I missed it all.

I just missed her deeply.

It's been way too long since we've spoken in person, way too long.

"Johnny!!!!!" Lauren squeaked, interrupted my deep thoughts and barging in to my room.

I put down the photograph that was in my hands. "Johnny?" she questioned, lowering her tone.

I raised an eyebrow. "Are you looking at pictures of you and Kenzie again?" she asked.

I nodded, admitting it. I didn't even care at this point. Lauren was like my best friend.

She smiled. "That's what i'm here for.."

"What?" I asked, in confusion.

"MACKENZIE IS MOVING BACK TO LA!!"

**
End.
Let's all pretend the Orlando's live in LA and so does Kenzie.
IM SORRY THAT I KEEP STARTING DIFFERENT STORIES LOL.
I can't help it i be got so many ideas.
I promise i'll stop now.