part four « "he moved on."

l a u r e n

"it's my turn to steal kenzie, now!" i exclaimed, flaring my eyes at johnny. mackenzie giggled and walked over to me.

"what- no!" johnny argued. "what-yes!" i mimicked. he huffed, and walked up to his room in silence.

mackenzie and i laughed. "so how was your date with johnny?" i joked, but questioned honestly.

she rolled her eyes. "it wasn't a date laur," she practically scolded. "right.." i sarcastically answered.

"i have a boyfriend laur." she snickered. "woah woah woah what! you have a boyfriend!!!! SINCE WHEN. tell me everything! what??!" i squealed back.

"well um," she paused smiling. "his name is brandon. i met him at a party back in pennsylvania. he's really sweet, really cute.. and i miss him a lot!" she continued.

"i just wish i could see him." she said looking down. "ooh eek i want to see a picture of him." i inquired. "okay fine." mackenzie said, and turned on her phone.

her lock screen was of him and her, they were at panda express, and it looked like a cute picture.

"now i'm the one without a boyfriend." i huffed. "is hayden still around?" kenzie questioned. "yeah he's friends with us wh- oh no. nooo no." i say back.

she raises an eyebrow. "he's not that bad." she assures me. "he's not that bad." i mimicked in a sassily high pitched tone. she laughed.

"what a coincidence, he's facetiming me. can i answer?" she questions. i nodded. she got up. about to walk to my room, when i stopped her.

"do it in the living room, i wanna hear!" i admitted, she snickered. "ugh fine." she whined, entering the living room.

she sat on the couch where i was; but we were a few inches a part. she answered the phone. "hi baby!" she squealed.

"hey... kenz we have to talk about something. i preferred doing this face to face." he ached. "what??" mackenzie questioned anxiously.

"i don't think we're going to work." he admitted, ripping off the bandaid. WHATTT. SHE WAS JUST RAMBLING ABOUT HIM AND NOW THIS? WHAT A JERK.

i was so tempted to go to kenzie's phone and scold him. "what.. why?" mackenzie sniffled. "long distance never works out. you don't even answer my calls or texts, where do you think that's going to put us in the future?" he replies.

i could tell he was on the verge of tears too. "besides, you and jonah or whatever his name is seem really comfortable. looks like you don't need me at all." he added.

mackenzie cried, so i took her phone. "fuck off. she was just talking about how amazing you are now you give her this crap? bitch byee!" i said sternly and hung up.

"sorry.." i said sucking in my cheeks. "was that too much?" i questioned breathlessly. she shook her head and almost laughed.

"i'm sorry. you don't deserve this and he doesn't deserve you." i informed her, and she wiped her tears up.

johnny came down the stairs. "what all this commotion about." he said in a bothered tone. i watched as his 'concerned button' turned on, and his face became pale, once he spotted mackenzie.

her cheeks were stained red. her eyes were red and puffy, and she was retorting to short breathes. "mackenzie! are you okay?" johnny asked.

"i'm fine johnny." she sniffled. "you're not. i could see it, i could tell-"

"just leave her alone."

"but-"

"-john!"

"i-"

"eh.!"

he shot me an annoyed look.

"JUST LEAVE ME ALONE JOHNNY! CAN YOU EVER TRY THAT?" kenzie yelled out of anger.

"i was just trying to help if you could just tell me what happened-"

"nothing happened, nothing that concerns you. go back upstairs." i said to johnny answering what he stated to kenzie.

he shook his head. "i- okay.." he practically mumbled. he walked upstairs and in to his room, shutting the door.

kenzie sighed. "i can't even process what just happened, it doesn't seem real.."

"it's okay kenzie." i assured her sympathetically.

her tears were drying up but i knew that they would come back soon. she unlocked her phone and opened instagram.

i couldn't tell what happened next but her tears came spilling out. "what, was it a post?" i questioned. she nodded through tears.

she showed me her phone which showed a post that looked like;

"he moved on."
**
end
oh this chapter sucked hahahahah sh