part five « "you saved your own ass john."

j o h n n y

mackenzie's beautiful face looked sorrowful, and i really had the urge to talk to her.

i knew that lauren would try and back me off again, or kenzie would lash out on me like before, but i couldn't stand seeing her upset.

i brought myself to the living room where mackenzie was sitting on the couch with lauren.

i started to talk calmly. "look i-" all of a sudden lauren decided to interrupt me, no surprise.

"no johnny! she doesn't want to speak to anyone." she snapped. i was about to let it go, but i didn't.

"no! it's not fair. my best friend who i haven't seen in so long finally comes back, and all of a sudden she's upset. kenzie means so much to me and i don't like seeing her sad, so no i won't leave her alone because i care too." i admitted.

johnnyo, you just poured your heart out on the table. that deserves a mental slap in the face.

mackenzie's crying starts up again, and she pulls me into a tight hug. at first i was alarmed, being so shocked and all, but i hugged her comfortingly.

lauren looked confused, well little demonic sister, for your information, i can be comforting too, mmph.

kenzie's silent tears stained my hoodie. it didn't matter because i'd probably let her keep it after this anyway, she 'needed' it.

(EVERYONE NEEDS A HOODIE.)

finally, she released from my arms. "i'm sorry.." she mumbled. "why? you did nothing wrong." i replied. she sniffled.

"well um, your hoodie is kind of full of my tears." she said, then started to chuckle lightly.

"do you want it?" i asked. she acted as if she had to ponder about this, but i totally knew she wanted it.

"yes please." she finally said. i laughed. "okay kenz." laurens mouth hung open. that demonic little one..

she stopped crying harshly, and once again i asked what had happened. you're an idiot johnny!

"my b-boyfriend." she stutters. boyfriend? she had a boyfriend?

what did he look like? whats his name? can i beat him up?

were they dating when kenz and i went ice skating? how long have they been dating?

suddenly i snapped back to reality. i really did lose my focus for a second, i don't even remember what she said.

"wait what?" i asked, i'm so stupid. she sniffled. "my boyfriend broke up with me." she blurted out.

"THANK GOD-- i mean-" lauren glared at me, while kenz stared at me puzzled, and sorrowfully.

"i mean- what a jerk. he doesn't deserve a wonderful girl like you." i add. you saved your own ass john.

"thanks." she mumbled. "want to watch a movie while devouring tubs of icecream?" lauren suggested. kenzie squealed a big, "YESSS."

i laughed. "yeah, i'll pass. i'm not interfering with two girls watching a chick flick." i admit. they giggled. when i was about to walk away, mackenzie grabbed my shoulder.

our eyes met. face-to-face. i wanted badly to kiss her soft lips. "thank you." she said quietly. i just nodded.

i was so speechless. we were so close, and i wanted to get closer. finally, she broke the gaze because i couldn't do it myself.

i awkwardly ran up to my room, leaving the two girls with their icecream and gossip talk.

all i could think about was how stupid this guy was for leaving mackenzie, but how lucky that made me.

-
end of chapter.
this is bad but oh well :)
{595 words.}