part seven « "relax ill have her home by six."

l a u r e n

"see you soon, love you lots." i exclaimed. my thumb gently pressed the 'hang up' button as my thoughts refreshed.

mackenzie was coming over soon, once again. you don't understand how it's like seeing your best friend all over again after one long years. surely it doesnt seem that long, but it felt like forever.

we began planning to hang out a lot to reconnect even more. after all, i missed her a lot.

enough about me though, more about john. yes, i missed kenzie a lot, but johnny, i don't even know if you could call it 'missing' her.

to be quite detailed, i would call it hopelessly waiting for the love of your life to finally return, but that's only the brief explanation.

if you wanted the full thing you could just read johnny's sad diary, which yes, he did have.

"kenzie's coming over soon!" i called out. "okay!" johnny called back in a 'chill' tone.

as laid back as he tried to make himself sound, i knew on the inside he was excitingly freaking out.

it was so obvious he had a thing for mackenzie, the fact she was too blind to see it either was pretty disappointing. i mean, i'm here for it.

my mother, meredith, came into my room with a smile on her face that said 'good morning' all over it.

she was very pleasant-like, a sweet lady may i add. my father, dale, says i take after her because of that.

"i'm going to go to work, please keep your brother sane." she states. i chuckle, then nod before she kisses my cheek, and leaves my room.

my dad was working in the moment as well, while my two sisters were almost always out. most of the time it was only me and johnny home.

but the majority of the time it was me, johnny, and mackenzie.

all of a sudden the doorbell interrupted my thoughts. that must be mackenzie.

i strutted down the stairs, and opened the door. "you don't even need to use the doorbell, the place is practically yours." i joke.

she smiles. "it seems that way, i'm here enough for that to be true." she says. we share chuckles.

johnny comes down the stairs and i raise my eyebrow at him once i take a glance at his hair. "did you put gel in your hair?" i question.

mackenzie giggles. "it's uh, something new." he replies. "uh huh." i mutter. mr. 'i want to impress kenzie' is trying a bit too hard.

"i like it." mackenzie comments. he blushes but quickly hides it by continuing to speak. his eyes dart over to me and he rolls them like fidget spinners.

"at least someone does." he says. i roll my eyes back. "mackenzie, i have a surprise for you." he says as if out of the blue more than anything.

"really, what is it?" she asks, clearly eager to find out. "i cant tell you dummy, then it wouldn't be a surprise!" he answers.

"i am not a dummy you idiot." she teases back. of course, them being friends since they were eight (well kind of!), they're insults remained the same. immature, yes i know.

"just come with me." johnny manages, grinning at mackenzie. "um no way are you stealing her!" i reply.

"relax, i'll have her home by 6:00." he answers. mackenzie giggles. "i'm not staying here home alone and bored until six o'clock, i'm coming." i reply.

he almost groans but i give him a look. "okay, fine." he says. "let's gooo!" mackenzie chirps, clearly excited for whatever johnny has stirred up for her.

end of chapter.
i really love when u guys comment throughout the story so ty hahah.
pls leave ideas in the comments! 💛🍍