1

Let's begin.

C

The living room was decorated with all sorts of tinsel and baubles with a huge tree in the corner. Me and Evan were sat cuddled up on the couch.

Evan had a glass of red wine in his hand and I had a gin and tonic because I'm cultured. We were being really stupid in our tipsy mind field. Trying to mark homework when you're drunk is fun.

"Hey Connie?"

"Yeah what's up, Ev?"

"Let's have a baby."

"Evan, you know you can't actually-"

"We can call it tree!"

"Evan no."

Then a thought dawned on me. I looked at my watch.

"3... 2... 1..."

There was a knock at the door.

"We completely forgot about dinner, didn't we?"

"Yep." I popped the 'p' and got up to open the door, "Hey Zoe, 'Lana. Is Jared coming?"

"Yeah, I think."

"Guys, I'm right here."

The girls hurried in and pushed the door closed after them. There were some hard, short knocks. I opened the door.

"Why hello, Mr Kleinman. I didn't see you there."

"No shit."

"No fucking swearing, Kleinman."

We walked in to the living room to see Evan and the girls all sitting there gossiping with a glass of wine in their hands, "Jared drove us here, Jared can drive us home."

He sighed and I handed him a bottle of mtn dew. He always liked to put bathbomb in it to try and summon ninja turtles when he was little, so Evan tells me.

Can you imagine. A young Jared summoning ninja turtles with a bathbomb and some mtn dew. Good god.

I stood in the doorway, phone in my hand, "Pizza sound good?"

"Yeah." "Pepperoni." "No pineapple!" "Extra mushrooms please."

I dialed the number and went out into the kitchen.

"Hello, thank you for calling Pizza perfect, may I take your order?"

"Yes. Hi. Can I- um- Can I get two pepperoni pizzas one with extra mushrooms, hold the pineapple."

"Yes, of course. As you've dined with us before, we don't need your details. Your pizzas will be with you in half an hour."

I walked into the other room and busied myself with plaiting Zoe's hair because she couldn't be bothered herself. She insisted on standing on a chair (Alana moved her wine glass slightly out of reach) and I had to go full twinkle toes. I stood on the very tips of them for about 10 minutes before Zoe got down. I am such a talented ballerina.

"Merci, mon frére."

I stuck my middle finger up at her, "Thanks Connor, but I don't really need to throw up right now."

I was about to make another remark but I was saved by a knock at the door, so I ran.

"Hi sir, here's your pizza."

"Thanks. Here's 20 bucks. Keep the change."

We sat in a circle eating our pizza before Evan shushed everyone.

"I have an announcement to make."

"YOU'RE PREGNANT?!" "Shut up Alana."

"Actually," I butted in, "It's the next best thing. We're going to adopt a kid!"

"Congratulations!" "Good luck!" "Name it Jared!"

We are not naming a kid Jared.