10 days of Star Wars (day six)

DAY SIX THEME: Luke Skywalker y'all

LUKE SKYWALKER TRIBUTE (THE LAST JEDI)

5 THINGS YOU PROBABLY DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT LUKE SKYWALKER

1. In early drafts of George Lucas' Star Wars script, Luke was no farm boy at all, but a seasoned Jedi general - an Obi-Wan type who was an advisor to a king. In the second draft he became a short and chubby 18-year-old called Luke Starkiller, while a holy man from thousands of years earlier was known as "the Skywalker." It was this mysterious figure who had discovered the Force and helped found the Republic... But, eventually Lucas settled on the bratty moisture farmer version instead. (I'm kinda glad he did)

2. While we all know that Luke got a happy ending at the end of the original trilogy, complete with dancing Ewoks, Lucas and cowriter Lawrence Kasdan also considered some darker finales. One saw Luke dying and Leia taking over his Jedi mission, while another was even weirder. Upon Vader's death, Luke would then put on his father's mask and announce that he would now destroy the Rebel fleet and rule the galaxy. Hopefully it won't happen in The Last Jedi........ 

3. Storyboard art from Return of the Jedi shows that at one point Luke's robotic hand would've been cut off during the Sail Barge scene. But it kept crawling, all on its own, towards the lightsaber that it had dropped. Creepy.... Very creepy... It's like that thing from Diary of a Wimpy kid... right? Tell me I'm not the only one who reads those.

4. Prior to the release of The Empire Strikes Back, Luke showed up on The Muppet Show back in 1980, giving fans a first look at his Cloud City costume.

5. We all probably know this one, but I'll mention it anyway.

While filming THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK, Mark Hamill was in a car accident. His face got all messed up, so they had to add in the Wampa attacking him so they could have a reason for his face being all messed up. 

That's all for today guys! PLEASE VOTE FOR THE NEXT THEME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOULD YOU LIKE IT TO BE:

Rey!!!

Boba Fett!!!

or JAR JAR BINKS???

PLEASE TELL ME WHICE ONE YOU'D LIKE!

Thanks guys!

(I personally vote Rey for tomorrow, but whatevs) :)