An Unexpected Twist

Sorry for the delay with this. I needed to wait until I had enough funds to get a new computer as my old one's keyboard was glitching on me to the point it was impossible to to use properly. That coupled with writers block didn't help my situation any.

So now after much anticipation I give you the next installment of young Ryu's adventure. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been many weeks now since I left my friends I only hope that they will be safe on their travels. I myself have been roaming training with my sword lately I've been mastering more of my control of Water (mizu), Fire (honoo) and Earth (tsuchi). And just recently I've unlocked the power of Air (kuuki) which has allowed me to hear things from a great distance as well as travel much faster than before.

But I know I have much more to learn before I completely master my sword and unlock it's true purpose. It was because of this purpose that I left my friends to keep them safe as it is likely I'll become more of a demon magnet than they can afford to handle in addition to the sacred jewel shards.

Now as the sun dawns on a new day I awake from my place in the trees hidden from sight. Sitting up I look out at the forest as the sun rose above it. A sight to truly behold but yet even so I felt a pang of longing for the place I refer to as home in the future but I know until I have finished my task I will be unable to travel through the ages without bringing danger with me.

"I smell a tasty human nearby" I heard a demon say walking below me it was nothing more than a boar demon covered in the smell of human blood and decay "Ah there you are my pretty." He said spotting me yet I merely stared at him before a spear of earth pierced his heart killing him as another cut off his head

With the boar dead I jumped out of the tree still in my purple priestess garments and my hair in a low ponytail as I headed out once more.

'I know I need to train but what else am I supposed to do.' I thought with a sigh but then a girl in an orange and pale yellow kimono ran in my path running away from something.

When I turned I saw another boar demon approaching only this one had a sacred jewel shard.

"I will devour!" the beast yelled out as I drew my blade and made quick work of cutting off the beasts head

"All you lower class demons think your so great and powerful after you've managed to find a jewel shard but in the end you're still pathetic." I said calmly walking up to the head and removing the shard from it's forehead before storing it in a small bottle I kept around my neck much like the one Kagome uses.

"Oh wow you killed it without even blinking." The little girl from before said slowly walking out from a bush.

"Tell me little one what are you doing out here on your own it's not safe to be wondering about." I said calmly

"I was looking for some food as my companions don't eat food like me." She said and I tilted my head slightly

"Hn are your companions demons by chance?" I asked as she gasped

"How did you know?" she asked in shock and I smiled shaking my head

"It is nothing. But tell me do they treat you well?" I asked and she nodded

"Of course my lord saved Rin" she said smiling and I nodded

"Very well as long as you are safe that is what matters." I said calmly "and it seems we crossed paths just in time."

"Huh, what do you mean?" Rin asked and my stomach growled as I blushed

"Well you see I was just about to find some food myself." I said nervously scratching my cheek slightly as the child giggled "Oh my name is Ryu by the way."