Dilemma

Commerce? Or Education?

       Many years ago, I have been in that skeptical state of mind, wherein I have found two in equilibrium scale. Both courses are interesting and profound.

       If only I could take them up at the same time, I would. However, I had to select only one. Thus, it confused me so much. I weighed them thoroughly.

       Education.

       I like it! I'm affectionate to children. I love going to school. I have the passion for teaching. Therefore, I must be an educator.

       Commerce.

       I know, there are plenty of job opportunities in the business world. I could be an office clerk. Maybe I could find much better job title in a big company through hard work and perseverance. Being a manager of a banking institution was my ultimate target. And, putting up my own business was my personal choice and my passion.

        Many times, I asked myself. Education or Commerce? Commerce or Education? Still, I don't know. Hence, I sought advice. My cousin wanted me to be teacher like her, as well as my grade school classmate. They both have seen potential in me as a pedagogue. Knowing that it is the noblest profession, I was still in chaotic state of thinking. 

        Commerce or Education?

        After a long deliberation, I finally opted Bachelor of Science in Commerce. The childish and cowardly factor I considered was being free from Licensure Examination for Teachers. The truth was LET weakened my confidence. To fail in that exam would be a saddening and frustrating experience. It's such a shame if I could not pass it.

        Four years, I took up the course seriously and wholeheartedly. Without regrets and worries, I graduated. After many years of odyssey, I was still unfulfilled in my chosen career. Success has been bitter to me. Self-actualization was very stingy.

        It was eight years ago when I first stepped on the Alma Mater's ground. And one day, I came back to her. But that day, my mind was in order. Dilemma has no chance to stir up my head. Determined, I realized that BeED is my greater choice and that... teaching is my calling.

         Taking up Education course, I could say now that I'm satiable with this, not because I'm getting older and I must succeed in this field whether I like it or not but because the country is in need of a devoted. Clever teacher like me. This is not to raise my own chair. Indeed, it is the certainty of me that I could be an asset of the government and be of great help to the children, whose futures are dependent on teacher.