Burgendy

I stood in the crowded square searching. They said that she would be here, all you had to do was look for her burgundy hat. I scanned the crowd and my eyes found it. The burgundy hat made her stand out like a sore thumb. I pushed through the crowd until I stood behind her. She turned around and gave me a sad smile before grabbing my hand. She led me through the crowd and out into the open street. She turned around and looked straight into my eyes.
"Are you sure you want to do this?" I nodded. She led me down several streets and I watched her burgundy hat bob up and down as she walked. Why burgundy of all colors? It's such an odd color that only makes her stand out but I guess that's the point. We stopped and she pushed me up against the wall of the alleyway with her forearm pushed against my throat. The damp cold stone seeped through my thick jacket. I watched her burgundy hat as black dots invaded my vision. I gasped for air, but she only pressed harder against my throat. My vision was growing fuzzy and yet the only thing I could see was her odd burgundy hat.
"I'm sorry." She quietly whispered with one final push. The air stopped coming in and the blackness engulfed my vision.