chapter 6

*You are going?!?! Great! Ask Zayn, he is taking me...* 

I thank her and text Zayn. He sends me the address, I'm happy now because the house is less than 4 streets away so I can walk. Even though it will be late, streets are not dark here and this neighborhood is really safe. 

He is also surprised by the fact I'm going. Who am I kidding? I'm even more surprised than him.

Now there's a big problem. What am I going to wear? After all my clothes are a huge mess on my bed caused by my crisis, I decide on a white t-shirt with a simple denim shirt on it and tight black skinny jeans. I'm not sure wether to wear heels or simply vans. I end up wearing my black vans.

I don't know what to do with my hair so I just leave it how it is, wavy and a bit messy. As for the make-up I apply some foundation on my skin, not too dark, and some mascara on my eye-lashes. I'm ready to go.

I go downstairs and I completely forgot I hadn't told my mom. Should I tell her the truth? I mean, she really wanted me to go to a party so why not? But maybe she won't let me because I was rude with her this morning.

"Where are you going?" She asks without giving me any more time to think what am I going to do.

"I.. I was thinking about what you said and it's true. I need to go to at least one party. By the way, sorry for my attitude this morning, I don't know what I..." 

"It's okay honey. Don't worry. I understand I might put a lot of pressure on you. You can go but next time, you should tell me and not a minute before leaving!" She chuckles. 

I'm surprised on how comprehensive she is being.

"Thanks," I smile, "do you think dad lets me go now?" 

"We won't tell him this time, he is sleeping and I don't think he will get up. He is too tired. But if he does I will just tell him you are at Lydia's" 

"Okay, thanks mom, I love you" I give her a kiss on the cheek as she tells me "I love you too," and I leave.

As I get out of my house I realise what I'm doing. I'm going to a party. I'm going alone, and it's late, the party must have began like an hour and a half ago. 

I try to forget everything and I start to walk, until I see a big house. I can hear the music from outside.

I ring the doorbell and wait.

Two minutes have already past and no-one has answered so I ring again, this time it's a longer ring.

"Avie, right? I thought I wouldn't see you here but I'm glad you changed your mind. Come in!" Louis says while giving me a hug as I feel the scent of alcohol mixed with his perfume.

I smile and get inside the house as he closes the door and leaves while yelling the lyrics of the song playing and raising his arms in the air with a red cup in his hand.

This house is crowded and the loud music is giving me a headache. I see no-one familiar and I start to walk around the place to see if I find Lydia or Zayn.

It seems to be impossible to find them so I grab my phone and as I'm about to call them someone grabs my arm.

"Hey! I thought you wouldn't come. Look um.. I'm really, really sorry. I didn't mean what I said. I can't control what I say sometimes." Harry says to me. He doesn't look drunk but I know that he did drink a bit because his voice tone is different, a higher pitch I would say.

He is dressed in black skinny jeans and a black t-shirt with a red flannel on top of it. He looks really nice to be honest. His hair is messy and also looks cute. 

This party environment is making me have silly thoughts.

But I decide to forgive him, I was the first one to say I didn't want to go to college with him.

"What you said hurted me, but," I say and I stop to think what I'm gonna tell him next. 

"But..." He says and makes a gesture with his hand to tell me to continue.

"It's okay," I chuckle.

"Awesome," he half smiles and turns to walk away.

"Wait, your bracelet." I squeak and hand him the bracelet he threw at me from his window. I brought it knowing I would see him and I didn't want to keep it, I was really mad.

"You didn't have to return it, it's a simple bracelet. You can keep it."

"Okay," I smile as I put the bracelet on my wrist.

"Wait, who did you come with?" He asks.

"Alone," I reply.

"Walking, alone?"

"Yes, it's only 4 or 5 streets away." 

"But it's dark," he says and I stay silent, " when you want to leave just tell me and we can go together since we are neighbors. If you would like," his tone got a bit shaky.

"I don't know, I..." 

"Do you really want to walk back home alone?"