Chapter 6

Levi tossed and turned in his bed, he was always the type who went to sleep immediately after touching his pillow, but tonight sleep wasn't coming.

He raised his head to see the clock read 12:11 a.m. he stood up and left the dorm. Before leaving the building he grabbed a plastic water bottle to refresh his mouth.

He found himself walking out into the yard. The night breeze lifting his spirit. All his thoughts turned to Evelyn. He couldn't understand the change in her during those six years of not seeing him. He was seriously expecting to see her smile or even faint.

Anything, but how she had reacted. It was like if she had seen a rat run up to her. Levi took a long sip from his water bottle when he heard footsteps on the gravel and whispering carry to his ears.

Levi stood still, as he saw two figures walking side by side passing by the gate going towards the Morell's house. Levi quietly stood up while placing his water bottle down, he moved to a tall tree near the gate and furtively peered out to see who the figures at the other side of the gate were.

"Thanks Danny" a soothing voice suddenly came forth that Levi could not disagree belonged to Evelyn.

Levi leaned in closer.

"Wish I could repeat this night." Now this was a guy's voice. Levi swallowed, curiously moving to peek.

"Good night" came Evelyn's soft voice again.

"Evelyn?" The guy stuck his hand out to hold on to Evelyn, stopping her in her tracks.

The night was pitch dark, but the moon behind the two silhouettes made it clear to Levi. He watched as the taller figure leaned into Evelyn's face.

Images of Evelyn's smiling blocked his vision.

Her perfect eyebrows, sparkly dark eyes, nice pointed small nose, and picturesque round lips tugged at his mind. And the kiss that kept him from reality. It all replayed like a movie clip.

He shook himself awake and saw the two's noses touching before his eyes.

He chewed on his lip hard, turning away.

This is what she probably meant by moving on, he thought bitterly not even looking back. Evelyn was now in love with someone else... The thought made his heart crack and all he wanted now was his bed and protective blankets.

______________________________________

              A/N: Vote and comment! Hope you're enjoying this story! Happy holidays everyone!