Chapter 13

It was dark out already, but the sight before his eyes looked more than just a welcome back party. There was what seemed like a million cars parked by the Morell's home and people coming out of them looking their best. Little boys in their early teens running around and playing with their own aged relatives. The older people hugging and talking excitedly. This was a huge party... Levi looked around searching for Evelyn, wondering if she knew what exactly was going on at her house. The boys around him joined his curiosity to see what the whole commotion was about. Action on the street was rare.

"Thanks Bailee for helping me pick out this simple nice dress to wear to Danny's party. You do not know how much I appreciate your help." Evelyn said while staring at herself in the mirror and putting on her loop earrings. Bailee stood nearby watching Evelyn, biting her lip nervously.

"Yeah Evelyn.. Glad I could help you." Bailee folded her arms pasting on a smile.

Evelyn stepped out and made a grand twirl. "How do I look?"

Bailee stared at Evelyn's pretty olive green dress, "stunning."

Evelyn smiled turning back to the mirror, "should I wear makeup?"

Bailee shrugged, "maybe a little blush would do it.. You don't need more than that, you're naturally beautiful." She nodded, wishing to tell her friend the truth about this party. But Mrs. Morell had insisted on keeping it a surprise.

"Aww thanks hun." Evelyn smiled over her shoulder at her.

"Uh Evelyn-"

"Yes?" Evelyn turned to look at her.

Bailee bit her tongue from spilling out the secret and quickly said something else, "what are you making on your hair?"

"I was thinking a nice up-do." Evelyn said softly, shaking her long hair.

Bailee put on a natural grin, "I love that." Her eyes moved to the clock and her mouth went dry, "t-the party is in twenty minutes."

Evelyn eyed Bailee noticing her tension but decided to ignore it. "Gosh! I better hurry up! By the way Bailee, why don't you join me?"

Bailee secretly swallowed sticking a piece of her hair behind her ear, "I'm actually going somewhere tonight..." She lied.

"Okay.. Wish me a good luck. I'm so nervous to see Danny again." Evelyn stuck bobby pins in her hair to hold the up-do better.

Bailee took in a deep breath, "good luck..."

Evelyn turned to her and brought her into her arms, "thanks again."

"Good luck." Bailee repeated with hidden emotions.

Evelyn walked down the quiet sidewalks closing her leather jacket. Her heart filled with heavy feelings just thinking about seeing Danny again. She turned down through the alley to see throngs of people walking down the same alley, a bunch of cars in view. What was happening? Evelyn walked faster to see what was going on. As she got closer she could hear the air with the voices of young children laughing and chattering coming from adults. She neared towards the sight, to see the tables with fancy tablecloths with beautiful pitchers and food.. Fancy small cakes and cookies too. Evelyn wasn't told that Danny's party would be that fancy. Looking through the crowd she even noticed family members she only knew by face.

Levi noticed Evelyn in between the ton of people, she seemed lost and confused, trying to look over the crowd.

Just then a car pulled up and parked slowly, raising peoples curiosity immediately. Levi unglued his eyes from Evelyn and turned to see what this was all about.

After a few minutes the two front doors of the car opened and the handsome young awaited man came out, displaying a radiant smile.

Evelyn felt her stomach fill with butterflies and her heart begin to pound faster. She wished she could go out and run into his arms.

"CONGRATULATIONS!" The people cried out as another figure emerged next to Danny. Evelyn in a high didn't hear the cheers and saw Danny's smile turn towards a golden haired girl in a navy low cut dress. She watched them as they leaned in and kissed passionately.

Evelyn's huge smile faded feeling her whole world collapse, the people around blurring and the noise was a muffle. The only person she saw was Danny, not believing him.

Levi knew something like this would happen.. And to be rude, he'd even hope for it. But watching Evelyn it looked like she had no clue what had been going on behind her back. Levi started to climb the gate.

"Yo! What are you doing?" The guys around him asked.

"Gonna wish them a congratulations." Levi jumped over the gate. Stuck his hands deep in his pockets and slowly walked up behind Evelyn. He leaned into her ear and whispered, "he sure loves you."

Evelyn still not able to react properly slowly turned to face Levi, who was casually looking over at the romantic new couple.

"What are you doing here?" Evelyn managed to say through her hurting heart.

"Came to wish your uncle congrats. I can't believe he could do such a thing to you."

Evelyn watched Levi with angry eyes, while he raised his eyebrows at her and moved out of her way walking towards the crowd. Evelyn stared after him, This kid still has the nerve to hurt me.. Couldn't he be a little kind now?

Levi went up to Danny sticking his hand out, "hey congratulations!" Danny shook his hand and stared at him with an eyebrow raised, "Thanks. I don't think I know you.. What's your name?"

"I'm a friend of Evelyn's. Levi Reed." He smirked nonchalantly.

Danny narrowed his eyes at him. "Oh.."

"She wasn't expecting this." Levi mocked. "You're some jerk."

Danny watched him with suspicion. "Excuse me?"

"Like your tie bro," Levi moved away towards the table of drinks.

Danny's eyes followed the really tall brown haired guy. Evelyn never mentioned to him a Levi Reed.

Levi poured himself a cup of ginger ale, and noticed the beautiful bride to be. "Congratulations to you and your fiancé."

"Thank you." She replied sweetly.

Levi's eyes strayed to Evelyn, their eyes locking. Evelyn watched him raise his eyebrows at her and she looked down at the ground.

A couple of family friends came over to her and congratulated her, she just put on a false smile and thanked them for coming. Then made her way inside. A whole bunch of guys blocked her way inside and there she spotted the smoking guy, Jack, and knew they were Levi's gang. With a few "excuse me"s Evelyn was inside. Away from the commotion out there she dropped into the couch and broke down in bitter sobs.

She felt like a fool. Everyone had known about Danny, but no one had bothered to let her know. Here, she'd been on the clouds picturing a whole future with Danny for nothing. Her uncle had forgotten her and found someone new, "better." She felt like she'd been betrayed by her own family.. Even Bailee. Now she knew what those nervous brown eyes were hiding.

Levi had seen Evelyn escape and he secretly entered her house. He quietly stopped at the entrance of the living room and heard crying. He bit his lip peeking in to see Evelyn's face buried in her hands. He felt really bad for her, but there was nothing for him to do.

How could Danny have the nerve to hurt such a beautiful human? Does he even have a heart?

----------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Happy Reading! Okay everyone Danny is engaged and Evelyn is completely hurt.. Stay tuned for more!