Chapter 8

**** FIRST OF ALL I WANT TO THANK ronica199_ WHO MADE THE WONDERFUL COVER OF THIS SHAWMILA STORY I'M WRITING. I REALLY LOVE IT!!

___________________________________

Knock! Knock!

Danny looked up from his cellphone and smiled, "Come in!" He called from his bed.

Evelyn pushed the door open and stepped in a smirk curling her lips, "Can I?"

"Sure come right in." He raised his eyebrows handsomely at her.

A giggle escaped Evelyn's lips as she walked towards her uncle. It was a basement's room which her father had worked on since their move. It was a small and cozy room. Danny was staying there for the few months he was in town.

"So? Gonna sit down or not?" He watched as Evelyn nervously played with a piece of her hair.

"Uh..." Evelyn smiled shyly.

He moved motioning for her to sit down. Evelyn sat down turning her eyes to him, she sighed and swallowed, "Danny, do you understand I really think I like you."

He laughed, "I'm aware."

"I sound foolish.. But dude I'm falling quicker than I thought." She grinned at him.

His green eyes shone, "I like you too"

Evelyn felt her heart skip a beat. She knew Danny was feeling for her but his verbal confession was a shock almost. She felt the world freeze, "Did I hear right?"

"Yes." He nodded.

She watched his eyes move down to look at her hands and he took them in his and met her eyes. "You're a really great friend and not to mention the best niece too... But I think you're really pretty and my heart calls for more"

Evelyn was speechless. Did he mean it?

He narrowed his eyes and whispered, "Kiss me"

Evelyn had a sudden urge to laugh, but Danny wasn't laughing. Her eyes dropped to his lips. She tried picturing the perfect kiss. But the only thing that came to mind was her kiss with Levi. A shiver ran up her spine and her eyebrows creased in confusion, "What?" She croaked.

Danny snickered softly shaking his head, "Sorry... That was stupid of me."

"What- was?" Evelyn gulped, feeling sick to the stomach. What did he mean? Was he playing?

"Uh- I shouldn't have asked that question. Its a thing that just happens without permission, right?"

"Mmm.." Evelyn didn't know what to answer.

"Whatever.." He smiled broadly and closed his eyes moving into her face. Evelyn was stunned.

Oh, so it was real.

As Evelyn closed her eyes, a soft knock at the door interrupted the moment. The two departing instantly. Evelyn stood up straightening her short dress and Danny sat up.

Erika entered the room with a flourish a basket in hand, "Danny, here's all of your washed shirts and pants for tomorrow."

"Uh yeah-" Danny jumped out of bed and ran over to his sister who was placing the basket of freshly washed clothing on the nightstand.

Evelyn watched in silence.

"Okay! So I guess you're all set for tomorrow" Erika turned to notice her beautiful daughter's presence. "Oh dear, what are you doing up so late?"

"I was just going to sleep.." She lied badly.

"Aha okay so sweet dreams you two!"

"Love you mom." Evelyn muttered. She sighed then turned to Danny who was staring at her.