Chapter 18

Song up there for YA'LL to enjoy and get in the SHAWMILA vibe:)

      He followed her to the last aisle in the very back of the library. The smile still lingering on his lips. He knew Evelyn didn't want to see him. But did that mean HE didn't? He stopped in his footsteps and thought of a great idea. He backed up and moved into the aisle before the last one. He strolled to the corner and pretended to look for a book. Then he slipped out a book where he knew Evelyn was standing by at the other end and there he met her wide exasperated eyes to hear her shriek. Her scream was shushed by the librarian up at the front desk. Levi laughed at her keeping his voice measured he said, "I knew you wanted to see me," he mocked.

Evelyn sighed still trying to catch her breath. It was too late now to run out, he would think she was a freak. She controlled herself and replied, "you scared the daylights out of me."

He laughed again. "What are you doing out so late?"

"I was working on a report..." Evelyn swallowed closing her eyes.

"Mind if I come around and see you for a bit? I won't bite, that's for sure.." He sounded creepy but she knew he was doing it to bother her.

"I'm actually going now-" Evelyn had started to go when she looked up and saw Levi standing over her intimidatingly. He was also smirking in a devilish way. Towering over her till her body stuck against the wall. Evelyn couldn't help but drown in those handsome eyes, her knees starting to tremble, "Levi... I-"

"I can walk you home." He said looking down at Evelyn's trembling lips.

"I can't stand you following me."

"I wanted to see you, that's all." He raised his eyebrows looking penetratingly in her eyes. "I would want to kiss you ag-"

Evelyn gasped for air with difficulty, as she felt his hands rest up against her waist. "Levi- Uh.. I can't."

"You can't what?" He murmured breathing her neck.

"Don't tell me you drank." Evelyn frowned trying to push his hands off.

"For once I didn't."

"If my dad sees me-"

"He won't Evelyn."

Evelyn pushed him off, "Levi please, I'm just not ready."

Levi stared at her, his eyes looking groggy.

Evelyn caught her breath sticking a strand of hair behind her ear, "I can't look at you."

"You're afraid you'll want to kiss me?" He licked his lip, pushing his hand through his hair making it stick up coolly. Evelyn looked away unable to reply.

"What's so hard? There's nothing scary about it.. Or do I scare you?" He chuckled.

"Levi, it isn't that easy. You and I... are so different from each other."

"Different, huh?"

Evelyn sighed, "we have nothing in common."

"Nothing?" He walked in narrowing his eyes on her.

"Nothing." She reassured.

Levi leaned in and smacked his nose lightly against Evelyn's, "I'm still the same Levi." And with that said he left. Evelyn remained glued to her spot letting his words sink into her heart.

***

      The sun was out and the breeze was exceptional, there was nothing compared to the beautiful day in Autumn. The day was going amazing for Evelyn until a shadow loomed over her and she was bent inside the car picking up grocery bags from deep inside the car. "Go away, Levi." She muttered raising the volume up to her iPod.