Chapter 2

Please comment & vote!! 😊

Luke's P.O.V.

I instantly awoke to the sound of my favorite song blaring through the car speakers. Just Dance never fails to put me in a good mood. I know I just woke up but my day has already been made, not like it can be improved much since I'm trapped in a car.

"I knew that'd wake you up" mom said as she glanced at me with a smirk.

"Well how can I not when one of the best songs ever is begging for my attention" I remarked, and began to sing along. she responded with a chuckle.

"I'm assuming you won't need to sleep for the rest of the trip considering you slept for about thirteen hours" she said causing me to check the time on my phone. It read 8:51 AM meaning we have twelve hours left since we departed at seven.

I know I definitely won't be sleeping for the rest of the trip but mom should. I can't drive and she had decided that she didn't want to sleep during the trip so she bought a few energy drinks. I should probably be extremely worried about her being awake for as long as she has been, but I guess working extremely long hours as a nurse has made her accustomed to being conscious for extended periods of time.

Feeling a bit hungry, I pulled out the turkey sandwiches kept in the backseat cooler and handed one to my mom after unwrapping it. I then grabbed a bag of Hot Cheetos, specifically the superior lime variant, along with some Doritos for mom. After practically swallowing my food whole, I pulled a Sprite out of the cooler to wash my breakfast down.

Now that I'm not starving I took the time to admire my surroundings. I'm not exactly sure where we are at the moment, and my phone isn't of any help without service. All I can say about my current surroundings is that it's comforting. Although I'm miles away from home, the rain seems to have followed me seeing as it's still pouring down and a vast pine forest surrounds the long winding road creating a dark atmosphere. As I peered out the window Taylor Swifts "You Are In Love" began playing. Although I've never been in love I really like the song, And given that mom is urging me to make friends, I may start dating down the line, if someone manages to bring me out of my shell.