Chapter 10

Please comment & vote!! 😊

Luke's P.O.V.

I slumped against a wall in my closet gazing at all of the clothes hung up on the racks. I have dozens of outfits to wear, but I feel like none of them are perfect for tonight. Maybe I'm just overthinking this, but I can't help it.

"Luke, What are you doing in here?"

"Hayden, I could ask you the same thing. I didn't hear you walk in."

"Apparently you didn't hear me calling out your name either. Something wrong?"

"Sort of, I just don't know what I'm going to wear for tonight."

"Does it really matter?, You're gonna look good anyway."

"I don't just want to look good. I wanna look perfect."

"But you always look perfect." He said smirking.

"Thanks, but I wanna feel perfect too. Which is why trying to choose the right outfit is stressing me out."

"Just out of curiosity, why do you wanna look and feel perfect for tonight?"

"Because you're perfect, and I don't want to feel like I'm not good enough for you. I'd rather not feel like people are constantly thinking you could do better than me when we're out in public or next week when school starts."

Hayden slowly reached for the hand that lay on my knee and intertwined our fingers, delicately pressing a kiss to the back of my hand.

"I probably don't even deserve you. This is my first relationship, hard to believe, I know. I've had many people, guys and girls, try to date me but I just wasn't interested in any of them. The farthest any of them have ever gotten was probably a few kisses during spin the bottle. You won't be thought of as the kid that isn't good enough for me, You'll be looked at as something cliché like the kid that managed to steal my heart or something. With that being said, I'll choose your outfit, so you know that in my eyes there's no doubt you look perfect."

I pulled Hayden's face toward mine and kissed him, biting his lower lip as I pulled away.

"Thanks." I said bringing a smile to his face. Now, choose my outfit."

Hayden's POV

"Alright." I said standing up.

This bleached blue denim shirt that I've never seen you wear would look great with these gray pants and this white graphic tee. You will be wearing white converse right?"

"Of course."

"Great. My job here is done. Ciao."

"Wait, You're leaving already?"

"Yeah. I don't want to but it's good for us to be apart, even if it's just for a little while that way we'll appreciate our time together even more."

"Alright."

"Arrivederci" I called out walking away.

"Avocado."

~~

"Honey, when is Luke coming over?" Mom said, peeking through the curtain for a sign of Luke.

"He said he wanted to leave by six so he should be here in a few minutes."

"More like a few seconds. He just walked out."

"Perfect. I don't have to see you be creepy anymore. " I sighed.

"I'm just excited you're going on a date" she squealed.

"Me too."

I headed toward the door and lifted my jacket off the hook just as Luke rang the doorbell. I hurriedly opened the door to reveal my cute boyfriend. I don't know if I'll ever get used to calling him that.