Chapter 5

Please comment & vote!! 😊

Luke's P.O.V.

I had finally finished unpacking my suitcase and boxes in the room. The boxes contained things like posters, speakers, consoles, games, and camera equipment. I spent about an hour and a half putting everything in their place. I then headed downstairs, to the living room. I saw my mom drinking some tea while reading a magazine. I plopped onto the couch with a sigh.

"Have you just finished unpacking Luke?"

"Yeah, I'll bring down the empty boxes later."

"Alright. While you were busy unpacking, our neighbor dropped by and invited us to over for dinner."

"Ugh."

"Behave yourself Luke."

"Sorry, I just assumed I wouldn't have to socialize until school starts."

"Oh my god." She shook her head.

"Kate has a son your age, and I think it'd be good for you to get to know him."

"Do I have really have to start making friends already? We literally just got here." I Whined.

"No. However, it will be a lot easier for you to let people into your life if you start breaking down your walls now by befriending him."

I simply sighed in response.

"You should shower and get dressed. We're going over in about an hour and a half."

I lifted myself off the couch and went upstairs to mentally and physically prepare for tonights dinner.

Hayden's P.O.V.

"Hayden" my mom called out to me.

I headed to the kitchen.

"Please set the table, they'll be over any minute now."

"Alright" I replied. I pulled out some dishes from the cupboard and began placing them onto the dining table. I then retrieved some cutlery and glass cups. I arranged them neatly around the plates and suddenly the doorbell rang out.

Mom rushed to the door to greet our guests with me trailing slowly behind her.

"Hey Liz, please come in" said mom.

"Hello, thanks for inviting us, I really appreciate it. This is my son Luke" Liz said.

Slowly a cute blond boy appeared from behind her.

"Nice to meet you Luke. This is Hayden." Mom gestured toward me.

"Alright, now that the introductions are over, we can eat." said mom.

We followed mom into the dining room.

"Please have a seat. I'll bring out the food" Mom said.

"I'll help." Liz piped up.

"Oh, Don't be silly, you're our guest."

"I insist" said liz following mom into the kitchen leaving Luke and I alone. I turned to Luke.

"So, how old are you Luke?"

"Sixteen." he told me.

"Cool, I'm seventeen."

"Where did you move from?"

"Philadelphia."

Upon hearing Philadelphia the first thought that had crossed my mind was The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song.