Chapter 3

Please comment & vote!! 😊

Luke's P.O.V.

Unsurprisingly my mom finally began to lose her energy. I honestly worry for her wellbeing. Luckily for her, we were nearing our destination. Just a few more yards and we'll be in the semicircle driveway of our new home. I'm glad that mom arranged for our belongings to be sent and set up early. She even had the cable and internet installed so there's no need for me to wait before being able watch Netflix for the remainder of the night.

Mom pulled into the driveway of a large two story house. Apparently someone died in the house so its been on the market for a while which is why we were able to get it for such a low price. It's a bit hard to believe that such a beautiful house would be passed on by so many because of one small event that occurred inside.

"We've finally arrived" she squealed.

"let's get our luggage and we can head on in" mom uttered as she popped open the trunk. We exited the car, headed to the trunk and pulled out our belongings. I closed the trunk and shifted my gaze towards the house admiring it.

The above street level two story house was constructed with light gray brick, accented with white window trims, and topped with dark gray shingles. The cement steps that led up to the house were lighted and the lawn was large with towering pine trees on either side. The front of the house was adorned with well maintained shrubs with garden lights spaced evenly before them. The porch had two potted plants on either side of the door, one of which held the key that will allow us inside. I slowly made my way up the stairs and stopped behind my mother as fished the key out of the potted plant on the left.

She quickly unlocked the door and we stepped inside. She flicked the lights on causing us to stare in awe at the interior of our new home. To our left was the living room. Dark hardwood floor, dark gray couches, and a large white rug with a glass coffee table sat atop it. A fireplace with a tv attached to the wall above the mantel. A few feet away from the couches was a large dining table that seats eight. Past the table is an island with three stools and at the back walls were cupboards and steel appliances. To the right was a door that led to what I assumed would become moms painting room. And directly in front of us were the stairs that led us to our bedrooms

"Nice, isn't it?" Mom said.

"Yeah, It's way better than expected actually."

"I'm gonna head up to my room, shower, and get some needed rest. I suggest you do the same"

"Will Do."

I followed her up the stairs after a moment brief moment of looking at my surroundings again. There was only two rooms upstairs, both were master bedrooms. I walked down the hall past moms door and entered the door on the right.

Upon entering I saw my new bed adjacent to the wall. I placed my suitcase on the bed and scoured through it for a pair of shorts, pajama shirt, and towel. I then headed to the en suite bathroom, showered, dressed, and brushed my teeth. Upon reentering my room and making my way to the bed my phone dinged. I picked it up seeing a message from mom that contained the wifi password. After placing the suitcase on the floor, I connected my phone and Mac to the wifi. I then watched a few episodes of family guy before deciding I should sleep. I have some unpacking that the movers weren't required to do to finish tomorrow.