Chapter 6: My 33th Birthday Present

Now that you know how ridiculous my life was back then, I guess it's time for my "grand début" or whatever the hell....

So, I'm in my thirties. I got laid off at 7-11, I still live with my mom, I sleep in the based, and I never went to collage. All I do all day is watch YouTube videos of hot girls dressed in Marvel superhero costumes, play video games, or sleep. I wasn't proud of it at all. I had no other talent, expect singing. People say I'm a good singer, but not good enough to sing for money. All my high school friends moved away and got married. Yeah, I'm a total loser....but that was all about to change, thanks to my mom.

It's my 33rd birthday. It pretty much started off like any other day of my life. Wake up at noon, eat a hot pocket for breakfast, watch tv. I had the house to myself until about 3:00. My mom comes in with a wide grin and an envelope in her had.

"Happy birthday, Mikey. Guess what, I got a job for you!" she said handing me the envelope. Confused, I took the envelope from her hand. When I opened it, it said: "Male models needed for booming magazine!" I just chuckled and said "Mom, no...I don't have any of the qualities of a model." "Nonsense!" she replies. "Your handsome and a good singer, that's enough for you to get recognized." I stared at the flyer for a second and shook my head. There was no way I could ever do this.

"C'mon Mike, at least try? For me?" she said like I was four.

"No, mom I can't." I said.

"Yes you can."

"No, I really can't. I'll just embarrass myself."

"But you don't need a collage degree, or any experience!"

This argument when on for an hour. I was getting pissed off, so I said yes thinking it would keep her quiet. As soon as I said so, my mom kissed me and ran upstairs to the phone. She came back down a few minutes later and said, "Your bus leaves at 10 a.m. tomorrow." Oh, shit....but little did I know this is when my life will change.