45

Jack's POV

   I could have sworn I heard Elsa. I walked out of my room. 

   It was quiet though. Nothing unusual here. I decided to check on Elsa. I walked over to her door and knocked on it. "Elsa? A-are you in there?" There was no response. "Elsa? Please, open up." I tried again. Still, nothing. I slowly twisted the door knob open, and entered. 

   The place was empty. I started to panic. "E-Elsa? Are you in here?" I look around. Everything seems normal. I examine more. I gasped. The window... It's... broken down... How? I walked towards it. Black gooey substance was on the shattered glass. It couldn't have been Pitch. His magic isn't gooey. Pitch's magic is more like... sand. This, is different.

   "Jack, what are you doing?" a voice asked. 

   I turn around and saw that it was only North. "North."

   "What is it? What happened?" he asked. He slowly came forward. 

   "I-I don't know," I confessed. "Elsa's not here. And I found this gooey black substance. It couldn't be Pitch, could it?"

   North's face was totally blank. "Did Elsa leave a note or anything?"

   "I don't know," I shrugged. "I don't think so."

   He stroked his long beard. "Hmm.... This is odd..."

   "Very odd," I agreed. I needed to find Elsa. I'm finally re-united with her. I can't lose her again. Not like the last time. No...