Chapter 18: Asymptotic (Fukase)

Fukase Point of View

Its cold tonight. I'm walking down the alley when I caught a glimpse of blonde hair riding on a bike hurriedly pedalling down the street. I try to call him but he seems to not see nor hear me.

"Oi, L—"

Blink. Blink. Sigh

What's wrong with him? And he seems to be crying? I wonder what happened. A fight maybe or a family issue... Or... Sigh

Meh~ Its not it. I'm sure with it. But I can't help but to feel my guess is right. I better check it out. I'm also gonna call back up.

I hurriedly get my phone at my pockets and jump to my roller skates while dialing my friends number and start a group call.

"Moshi moshi, minna?"

"Ah? Fukase-kun? What's the probs?" Miku-senpai was the first one to answer. She seems to be energetic still. I wonder if she stay up all night watching anime again. Otakus really.... Sigh

"Well you see, I have an urgent issue here. I saw Len crying while going towards the forest. He's taking his bike and pedaling fast," I said while dodging some people walking to the street. I actually almost hit a little girl with very long blue hair tied in twin ponytail and braided at the end, but I was surprise when she immediately turn around and swiftly avoid me. Wow, she's good. But is that a little girl or a short college student? And she seems to be familiar...

Is she that new transfer which wears a huge head helmet or something with a face and looks like an eel...? Weird, actually. Sigh

"Hello, Fukase-kun? Are you there?" Miku said from the other line. I snap out from my thoughts and focus myself in the plan forming in the head in split seconds. I think this will hurt me, a lot, physically, mentally and mostly emotionally. I might regret this, but I have to.

"Sorry about that Miku-senpai. But can you hear me out... I need to pull this one last plan out to make things smooth again around us. And I might help Rin stop from her memory suffering, I guess. But I have to bet my life in this one. Onegai!"

"Fukase..."

"Don't worry, I'm in!" I hear Gumi's semi sleepy voice rang from the other line. She seems to just wake up. Its night after all. Most people are sleep by this our anyway.

"Yeah, we're here. Just tell us what we can do," said Gakupo-senpai.

"So what is it, that you want to tell us?" Luka-senpai ask. They sure are great friends, thanks to Rinny. Sigh...

"This is what we're gonna do–"

~ • ~ • ~

After telling them my plan, I watch the possible hiding spot of Len. And my first guess is at the shed. This is where we often go when we're still kids of course. And from the report of Gumi, he's always go here whenever he's depressed. He really is something, huh?

"Thanks Miku-senpai. Good thing Rinto-nii agrees. I hope he make her come," I said to my phone, ending it after a while and prepare myself for what might happened next.

From what Piko said a while ago, he already give up on Rin, but he's still remain a friend to her. I understand him, one must let go for the other's happiness...

I sigh for the nth time of the day. I sure does sigh a lot. *recalls the pass moments when he sighs*

Piko agrees to my plan and decided to help out with locating Len when he runs away from his spot. He's now position near the Banana, together with Carrots. The Orange will come some minutes after and while Leek and Fish-Senpai (A/N: Fish senpai *burst out laughing* I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Go on) will lure Orange to the path leading to Len. But first, I need to confront her for my final remarks. I have the help of Eggplant-senpai with it and Ice cream freak. They will do something for her to come to me. I must get ready...