Chapter 5

Later that day Zedane showed me how to hunt and control my thirst around humans. After Anna realized that i almost kill her she ran to her room and lock away from all of us especially me i would say. We spent the entire day hunting, controlling my thirst and getting educated about what can kill me and what can't.
It was seven o'clock when Katherine called us inside for dinner. I couldn't eat without my sister, i knew that she was probably still upset with me but i had to talk to her. I excuse myself and went to see her. I pushed open her door an called "Anna? Can i come in?"

"Why not? It's not my house" She reminded me.

I went up to the bed that she was laying on and sit on the end. "Look! I'm sorry that I decided to turn and didn't tell you. I'm also sorry that I almost bite you. I'm sorry that I had you worried. I'm sorry i didn't came to apologize earlier" I told her.

"Were you that upset last night that you did something so foolish as this?" U almost kill me awhile back Venice, now tell me if it was worth it" she asked shifting on the bed so that she was facing me.

"Anna I'm sorry and i know that i made a huge mistake but this morning in the kitchen, Dennis was telling me about the war that's about to come, it felt right as if i was destine to help them. And you always said i must follow my heart and that's exactly what I did this morning Anna" I explained to her hoping she understand. "I promise you that everything will be okay and i won't let anything happen to you an this is me keeping that promise"

"Come here" she started to cry and pulled me in for a hug. "I'm so angry at you right now but I still love you"

"I missed you, now come and eat. I feel like I can eat a cow right now and your veins are calling my name"

Anna managed to come for dinner. After all, I knew she was hungry but pretending to play I'm strong-I-can-do-this-Anna. When Anna came to dinner everyone stopped talking and silence engulf us for the rest of the 20 minutes that we spent at the dining table.
But I'm sure I heard Dennis said "one more day Anna, one more day" as he rise to approach the kitchen sink.
After the awkward dinner, Anna and I went back to the room.

"Anna?" I called as I step into a night gown and approach the bed.

"Yes Ven, what is it?" She open her eyes and look toward me.

"Umm...You know that is one day leave right?" I asked, more like reminding her.

"One day for what? For me to go home?" She retorted rolling her eyes.

"Anna I'm serious! I don't want to lose my sister because of her stupidity. Why can't you just turn? Is not like we have a life back home" I shouted at her angrily.

She turned to look at me easing up on her elbows and from how slow her movement was I knew she was angry too.

"What did you just say? She asked through gritted teeth. " I'm sorry if I don't want to be a blood sucking predator like you and FYI, I have a f-ing job! I have a future plan!"

"You know what!? Never mind, do what you wanna do. I don't care but I'm going to help these people" I said aggrieved, getting under the covers. I waited for her to throw a tantrum but she did not. Instead, she left the room in a fit of pique.

****
Anna P.O.V

I laid there listening to Ven. I was so angry that she didn't consulted me first before turning but when I heard her saying she gonna help those people I was astonished. I was always the stronger one, I don't know if it was because of the turning but I was happy for her so I could never continue the argument, therefore, i walked out piqued.
I didn't know where I was going, all I knew was I needed little fresh air to think. When I reached the living room I walked to the glass door that I noticed from dinner time. I walked towards it hoping it was unlock and to my surprise it was. When I step out on the balcony I saw a stairs going up and out of curiosity I followed it until I reached on the roof.
The scenery was beautiful, a small garden situated at the side with multicoloured flowers. I was shocked vampires were even into these stuffs. To the left was a water fountain with a statue of a dolphin pumping water in and out of it. Small white lights embedded in the center and red petals swimming on the top of the water. At the equidistant was a 10ft pool reflecting the night sky and the many stars that it held. I walked over to one of the seats that were placed by the pool, resting my head on the top slate of the chair, I slumped back and allow my hands to fall in my laps, I closed my eyes and opened them again before gazing into the beauty that was above me.

Staring up at the night sky I remembered what my sister said "One day leave". What am I going to do? I have to make a decision by tomorrow.

" Oh boy, I'm going to die" I sighed out.

"That's true" I heard a voice behind mi said.

Sorry the left you hanging guys.  And I know this chapter is a bit shorter than the rest but promise to make the next chapter longer. Anywhoooo... who do you think the voice belongs to?😊😁 poor little Anna.

Remember to comment and vote😊

There are some grammatical errors as I said before😞😞 haven't review the book as yet.

IG: Cherriane_martin

All rights reserved.