Chapter 7

Marks P.O.V.

I groaned when I woke up. My head was killing me and my back hurt like hell. I pressed my palm against my forehead as I tried to remember what happened last night. I could only remember vague things and the more I tried to remember the bigger the headache I got. I forced my eyes to open only to close them when I felt the sunlight shine in my eyes. I opened them slowly, squinting against the light when I realized two things.
One, I was naked.
Two, I was alone.
I pulled the covers over my body, but the sudden movement made me nauseas.
I remembered the party. Jason asked, I said yes. God, I got soo drunk. I don't even drink. This was my first time.
Note to self; Never drink again.
I couldn't remember, though, how I got here, like this.
Where's Jason? Does he know where I am? Did someone... hurt me?
I got off the bed, pulling the covers over my body as I quickly went to the bathroom.
Throwing up sucks.
When I finished I washed my mouth out with water and made my way back into the room I was in. I saw my clothes all folded up on the desk in the corner. I changed then put on my shoes and walked out.
I had no idea where I was, or how far away from Jason's home this was. I had no idea where Jason was.
But I assured myself that he was downstairs, like last time. Except I'm not crying this time.
At least I didn't have a nightmare that was good.
When I walked around the house in search of Jason there were empty bear bottles and cans strewn all over the place. I felt sorry for whoever lived here. When I didn't find Jason I went outside and sat on the lawn.
Jason will come for me. He wouldn't leave me here, in an unknown place, all by myself.
So I waited.
And waited.
And waited.
Kids left the house around one, probably sleeping on the floor. The owner of the house never told me to leave, so I stayed. I stayed until it got dark.
By then my hangover was over, although I was starving and terrified.
Where's Jason? Did he get hurt? Oh no, Jason wouldn't leave me here unless he couldn't get to me.
I felt my eyes start to tear up. Is it my fault he's hurt? It has to be, I was the one who made him go to the party. I didn't suggest it, but I agreed so that means I'm responsible for him getting hurt. I covered my face as I sobbed.
I looked up when I heard a car pull up on the sidewalk.
Jason!
I stood and wiped my eyes on my sleeves as I walked over to the passenger seat and sat inside. He didn't say a word, so neither did I. The whole ride home was awkward.
Where was he? Why did he take so long in picking me up? Did he forget where I was? Did he think I went home? My thoughts were interrupted by the slam of his door. We've arrived at his house.
When we went inside his house Joan was home in the kitchen.
"Hey," she grinned at us as we walked towards the island in the middle of the kitchen, "where have you two boys been?"
Jason shrugged nonchalantly.
"Oh you know," he reached for an apple on the counter, "out doing stuff." Joan grinned.
"Stuff?" Jason nodded, smiling widely, Joan laughed and nodded her head.
"Ok, don't tell me. But go get ready for dinner." Then I followed Jason upstairs. Still, he didn't say anything to me.
I sat on his bed while he sat at his desk chair, eating his apple.
"So..." Jason said, awkwardly looking around the room, anywhere but me.
I glanced around then focused my attention on the bed.
"I have a girlfriend."
My eyes shot up to Jason. Did he just say...
"She's pretty hot. Big boobs. We got together today. Dude, the shit we've done so far," Jason laughed, whistling.
I drowned out his voice as he went on and on on what he and his girlfriend did.
Is that why he didn't pick me up early? Because he was shacking it up with the blonde bimbo.
No, don't be rude. She can be really nice. Don't make false assumptions Mark.
Well what nice girl would do it on the first day?
True point... still you never know.
There was a knock on the door, stopping Jason from his little story. The door opened up and Joan popped her head in grinning a bit.
"Hey. Knew it. You guys aren't ready. Please hurry up." Then she left.
I went to my bag and picked out a black shirt and black skinnies. Then I went into the bathroom to take a shower and get changed. When I went back into the bedroom Jason was sucking face with some blonde chick. His girlfriend. Who was laying on top of Jason. On his bed.

They looked up at me when I closed the bathroom door behind me. The blonde had pretty green eyes.

“Uhh… Hey Mark,” Jason grinned sitting up with the girl on his lap, wrapping her slimy arms around his neck, “This is Natasha, my new girlfriend. Natasha that’s Mark.” They then continued to suck face, ignoring that I was standing there.

I awkwardly left the room, going downstairs towards the kitchen. Joan was still making what looked like lasagna. She looked up and smiled when she saw it was me.

“Hey Mark, wanna help me cook some food?” I nodded, and then I went and washed my hands to help her cook.

Twenty minutes later and I was setting up the table. The two newly couple were now sitting at the table sucking each others faces off, again. I set the pan of lasagna in the middle of the table then I sat down a pitcher of lemonade that I made. Everything else was already set.

Joan sat down and I sat down next to her, Natasha sitting across from me and Jason sitting across from his mom. The couple stopped kissing to pour some food on their plates, digging in hungrily. I poured everyone a glass of lemonade, sipping my own. Mmm. It tasted good. Natasha grabbed her glass bringing it to her lipstick stained lips. I glanced down at my food. Half of my plate was filled with lasagna; I didn’t each much very often. I grabbed my fork and before I could take a bite out of my food Natasha was spitting out her drink across the table, making a disgusted face.

“EWW!!!” She shrieked. Jason and Joan looked at her in shock. “This tastes disgusting! Who made this? It tastes too sweet. Gah! Jason!” Jason looked at her and started to help Joan clean up the mess on the table.

She hated the drink? I thought it was pretty good. I stood up abruptly. They all stared at me.

“I-I’m so..rr..y,” then I grabbed the pitcher of lemonade and went to the sink where I dumped the whole thing out. I turned to see Jason and Joan looked shocked, while Natasha smirked triumphantly. My eyes stayed on hers for a second longer than I ran upstairs into Jason’s room locking the door behind me. I glared at the bed where he was with his blonde friend just moments ago. I took off the blankets then I ran into his closet. I made my own cocoon of blankets in the furthest corner of the closet. I squeezed my eyes shut when I heard the banging on the bedroom door, and I started muttering I’m sorry quietly.

She didn’t have to be mean about it. She could’ve faked liking it, or asked for another drink. I wiped at my eyes when I realized that I was crying. I'm so pathetic, I cry for the stupidest things in the world.

So what, who cares if she didn’t like your lemonade, she was the only one.

But what if the other two didn’t like it either, and were just pretending so that they wouldn’t hurt my feelings?

Well then they can go screw themselves.

Don’t say something so mean!

I'm your subconscious, your saying the mean things.

Right… Sigh…

I frowned, my thoughts are so weird, but a good distraction from real life...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heyyy!!! Another upload, so close to the last one two!!! So what’d you think? Please Vote And Comment, I want to know what YOU think of this book or any suggestions to what I should write in this book. Another thing, it’s almost summer, which I hope means that I’ll have more time to write and upload more amazingly amazing chapters. YAY!!! XD Anyhow... Have a good day!!!

~stefphanie