Chapter 5

Marks P.O.V.

The whole ride to Jason's house was spent listening to Bring Me The Horizon. He kept tapping his fingers against the steering wheel to the beat.
Today was such a nice day, but I made him waste money to buy me something that I didn't need. Jason's so nice.
He pulled into his driveway and we made our way inside. I followed him towards the living room. I sat on the sofa, unconsciously grabbing a pillow to hug to myself. Jason walked to the TV and started looking through movies that were in a thin bookcase on either side of the TV.
"Are you cool with watching Paranormal Activity Four?" Jason asked me, looking down at the DVD case. No. I was not. I hated anything remotely scary, but I made him waste money so I guess I can pretend. It's not like I would ever say no. When he looked up at me I nodded my head. He grinned and popped in the movie, turning off the lights, and sitting next to me on my right.
Immediately the movie was freaky. I hated how the girl video taped the whole thing, it made it seem creepier, more realistic. I kept jumping at everything that moved, hugging the pillow tighter. Meanwhile Jason didn't even flinch. He kept chuckling, saying how lame and unrealistic this movie was. How was he not afraid?! I'm practically pissing my pants out of fear while he's over there laughing and making jokes about this movie.
"Oh god, that looks so stupid, they don't even look scared!" Jason exclaimed. I couldn't take it anymore, the lady nearly died! How is that funny?!
I jumped up and quickly ran upstairs towards his room where I jumped onto the bed and hid under the covers. I could hear footsteps coming down the hallway, which only added to my fear. What if it's the ghost?
"Mark?" Oh god, the ghost knows my name! The footsteps were right by the door. I heard it creak open then I felt the bed dip and the covers were slowly being pulled off of me.
I screamed.
"Mark! It's me, don't worry, it's ok." Jason pulled me into a tight embrace, rocking us back and forth.
It's just Jason, he's not a ghost. I stopped screaming and just pulled him into a tighter hug. Why did I agree to that movie? I hate scary movies, I know that, so why did I do it? It wasn't because he wasted money on me. It was something else, I just couldn't figure out what...
"Gee, Mark, if you're scared of scary movies you should've told me. We didn't have to watch that, I was just suggesting something."
Now he tells me.
"How 'bout we go back downstairs, I order pizza, and we watch something you wanna watch this time. Ok?" I nodded. That sounded like a good idea.
When we were downstairs he ordered pepperoni and pineapple pizza, my favorite, while I went to the book case full of movies and started to look through them.
Hmmm... What to watch? Batman. No. Spider Man. No. Twilight. No. Shaun Of The Dead. No. Lilo And Stitch. Yes.
I love that movie. It's my favorite movie of all times. I grabbed the case and opened it up to make sure the disc was in there then I looked behind me and saw Jason looking at me with a raised eyebrow.
"Lilo and Stitch?" I nodded. "Ok..."
My cheeks heated up in embarrassment. I stood up and bit my lip, handing the DVD case to him before going back to sit on the couch, hugging the pillow from before. Jason went to the DVD player and changed the movies then he came over and sat next to me. We sat in silence while we watched the commercials before the movie started, and waiting for the pizza to arrive.
About twenty minutes later the doorbell rung and Jason stood up to go get the pizzas. He came back with two boxes and sat them down on the wooden coffee table.
He turned to me and asked, "Do you want something to drink?" I shrugged, he grinned. "Ok how 'bout, what do you wanna drink? Coke, grape soda, root beer?"
I bit my lip stuttering out, "Gr..a-p-p..e pl..ea..s..e." He nodded and left then came back a couple minutes later with two plates and on one plate he was balancing three grape sodas, the other three cokes. He sat those down on the table too and we both grabbed our own food. He got three pizzas on his plate then he pressed play on the remote, standing up to turn off the lights. I got one piece and sat down all three sodas on the table, sitting in between the couch and coffee table.
I was so into the movie I didn't notice Jason staring at me throughout the whole thing. He ate one whole pizza while I only ate three slices. After Lilo and Stitch we watched the second movie, and after that we just kept watching kiddie movies.
Five movies, two whole boxes of pizza, a bag of popcorn, ten rootbeer and three grape sodas later I was exhausted. I ended up on the couch laying on my side, my head near Jason, watching the last movie, Winnie the Pooh's, credits on the screen. Jason stood and yawning, he went over and turned the TV off, and came back to me.
My eyelids kept fluttering as I tried to stay awake so that Jason wouldn't have to carry me up the stairs but I was to tired and I closed my eyes, sighing when I felt him pick me up bridal style, carrying me up the stairs.
My mind started wandering off into random things. Things I didn't want to be thinking about.
What are my parents doing right now? Is my mom ok? Where's my dad? What's he doing? What about Vi-
I was dropped on the bed, I heard Jason cuss then my shoes were being slid off. I was too tired to move and tell him I could do it. My pants came off next, along with my beanie and then my shirt was being pulled off of me. I felt the lull of sleep calling out for me. Drawing me in and then kicking me out. Oh god. When I thought of lyrics to random songs, that meant I was definitely tired and that I'm gonna fall asleep soon.
And before I fell in the warm embrace of sleep I swear I heard someone telling me goodnight.