The real knight

Dedicated to Winona Laura Horowitz

Winona Ryder as Lydia Deetz

.

.

LYDIA DEETZ AND THE GOBLET OF FIRE

Chapter 6: The real knight

Now that all her schoolmates have left Hogwarts, Lydia took advantage of this opportunity to solve the mystery of the egg.

"Do you have any ideas?" Percy, the only student of Nekoten who remained with the champion, asked her.

Lydia reopened the egg and the insufferable noise was reproduced, so she put her analytical mind to work.

"Perhaps at different speeds..." she muttered to herself and opened the egg again, this time making the noise sound faster, then slower. She changed the sound velocities to different rhythms, trying to isolate background noises, separating them by tones, but she couldn't discover any code.

"What now?" Percy said, relieved that the auditory torture session was over.

"Well, sound is a series of waves that travel through the air, the fact that we only hear noise, implies that the sound must be displaced in an environment equal to the original in which the sonic source was developed. This implies different planes, and since we discard the air, the earth element is logically also discarded, therefore only the elements fire, water and anti-element remain, which is the vacuum."

Lydia levitated the egg into the fireplace of the room and with a spell made the flames increase, with another spell to resist the fire proceeded to open the egg, but nothing happened. Then she conjured up a huge bathtub and filled it with water, introduced the egg and proceeded to open it, now the noise seemed to have more harmony and Lydia immersed her head discovering the enigma of the egg.

Percy watched with his eyes wide open as Lydia solved the problem in a few minutes, he was so proud.

The kids went first to the Hufflepuff house and told Cedric what the trial was about.

"Then each champion has an hour to recover whatever they stole from him and placed it at the bottom of the lake or never recovered it, do you have any idea what it could be?" the badger asked her.

"It could be anything, the egg clue; it's just that, a clue."

The boys said goodbye to Cedric, who was relieved because in all the days he spent looking for clues to decipher the egg trail, had not achieved anything, even thought about going to the prefects' bathroom to remove the frustration.

Then they went to Hermione and Harry, and they explained the same thing to them as they did to Cedric.

Hermione was relieved, the whole days she spent in the library didn't bear any fruit, she was even about to suffer a fit of hysteria, Harry for his part was very carefree with the trial.

The kids agreed that they would meet with Cedric at night to plan the strategy to use. The only one who protested was Ron (who invited himself to the kids' meeting) saying that they would have plenty of time now that the dance would be over and they didn't have to go so late at night, a view that was also shared by our brave but rather lazy Harry.

"What do you care if you don't participate," Hermione reprimanded him.

"It's stupid, if there is so much time, let's go Harry, let's go ask the elfs for food."

"Don't you dare! They're not your slaves to cook for you when you feel like it."

"You've had enough of me with that spew thing."

"Its S.P.E.W."

"Better call it S.H.I.T. because that's what it is, one who comes from a place that never knew magic can't say anything about it."

Hermione froze and crying she ran away from the room.

"What are you waiting for, Harry? Follow her!" Lydia said to him.

"What, you're affiliated with that spew thing, too?"

Lydia let go of Percy's grip and punched the redhead with a punch, then stepping out of the place at a steady pace.

"Really, you're just a stringed potty head, though this time it's full of poop," Neville told Ron and squeezing his fists as he watched Percy run after Lydia.

"I don't get it! I don't get it! What she sees in that bastard," Lydia shouted. Percy was impressed, he had never seen Lydia insult someone, and in fact he knew that her friend found the word "hate" very hard.

"Why are we like this? Why..."

"Calm down Lydia" Percy hugged her from behind.

"Let go of me," Lydia said to him, trying to get out.

"No, I won't until you calm down."

"Let go of me," she insisted as Percy turned her around.

"Relax, you're crying," Percy said as he tried to get Lydia to raise her face.

"No... I'm not crying..."

"Those diamonds of yours must not be wasted."

Lydia lifted her head and watched Percy look at her with deep tenderness, then Percy wiped her friend's tears with his tail and they both laughed.

Then both friends walked the halls in hopes of finding Hermione, and they were stunned when they found her and Neville hugged.

"Didn't Neville stay in Gryffindor's common room?" Lydia asked.

"I'm sure he was ahead of us," Percy said, "I'm glad Neville found her, Harry doesn't know how to comfort a girl."

Neville hugged and rubbed her friend's back so she would stop crying.

"What happened to his face?" said Lydia covering her mouth with both hands, "he has it all bruised, all of it."

"He should go to the infirmary, even that Rocky Balboa looks cute by comparison, he seems to have lost all his front teeth and his jaw is broken," the Cat Boy said with his frowned eyebrows. Lydia with her eyes wide open, shook her head, and kept her mouth covered by her hands.

"You know the whole S.P.E.W. thing. I don't think it's a bad idea," Neville said, or tried to consider his missing teeth and broken jaw, "I never thought it was..."

Hermione silenced him, placing her index finger on the boy's swollen lips. Suddenly it burned like fire to see Neville's face shrunk in pain every time he wanted to talk.

"You're always quiet, Neville, but now you talk a lot..." she said, and Hermione gave him a chaste kiss on his lips.

TO BE CONTINUE...