Chapter 8

Before anyone could notice, Chase made it back to the palace to see Marshall, sleeping. Chase laughed quietly. He got some paper and a pen and scribbled a note.

Marshall
Sorry I didn't come earlier had to be careful. Also Everest likes you (Skye's lady in waiting)

-Chase

Chase tucked the note in Marshall's hand and went to his bedroom hoping not to be caught. He slipped out of his sneakers and went to his bed.

5 minutes later

"Chase... Wake up!" Chase woke up to see Marshall shaking him. "Woah! Marshall! I need to sleep." Marshall shook his head. "Not now Chase, your dad wants you." Chase sighed and got up and into more formal clothes but with a hint of casual. A white work shirt with some jeans. Chase went down with Marshall and saw the king with a young woman, near Chase's and Marshall's age. She had pink eyes and white hair. She wore a short pink dress up to the knees. Her face was clean of anything and perfect. "Chase," King Malcolm began, " This is Lady Sweetie of Barkingburg. Her cousin is the current queen of Barkingburg." He said gesturing to Sweetie. "She has been invited to the palace to stay for a while." Chase nodded. He never met Sweetie and Chase was sure that his dad would want Sweetie to marry him.

Sweetie got up and shook his hand. "It's nice to see you Prince Chase." Chase, who knew what to do in this situation, bowed. "As the same Lady Sweetie." Sweetie giggled. "And you're funny too. I like it." The king rose up and said. "Chase, I would like you to show Lady Sweetie around the palace. Get her used to the things around here." Chase nodded and began leading Sweetie around showing her everything minus his bedroom. She would laugh when nothing was funny and put her arms around him.

After a day full of annoying laughter and Sweetie trying to put her arms around him, Chase was relieved that it was time for dinner. He went to the dining room with Sweetie and his father was already there. "Ahh Chase, Sweetie, how was both of your days?" Sweetie smiled. "Very fine King Malcolm. Chase was very sweet when he showed me around." The king nodded slowly. "And Chase, how was your day when you showed Sweetie." Chase had a lot of things to say about Sweetie like. Oh I don't know. Annoying as hell, drama, I don't want her as my WIFE! But Chase merely said. "It was okay." Then Chase got up and gave this plate to the maid. "Where are you going Chase?" Sweetie asked, getting up. "I'm going to bed early." "Already?" His father asked rising up. "Yeah. Well goodnight dad." Then his dad piped up. "What about Sweetie?" Chase looked to see Sweetie's arms folded and looking at him. He sighed. "Good Night Sweetie." and took off to his bedroom. When Chase got there he knew he wanted to see Skye today. He can't tell her about Sweetie... Yet. Heck he doesn't even love Sweetie but it was mandatory. Even though his dad married a girl that wasn't royalty, so why can't he do the same? Usually kingdoms marry allies to unite them and Barkingburg helped Sola a lot during the war. Chase just shook his head as he began to put on some sweatpants and hoodie and the same sneakers. He brought some snacks for him and Skye to eat... Alone... Nothing much just snacks he usually eats and would like to share them with Skye. He got to his window and began to pry the window open. But unknown to him. Sweetie was videotaping the entire thing on her phone with a huge smile on her face. If Chase doesn't love me... This video will and he will have to marry me. I can't lose him. His father will know he's sneaking out.
------------------------------------------------------
Skye went to her bed after she was assured Chase got back safely. She was still in shock that Chase has nerve to do that. And she knew she was weak because he had nerve and she didn't. She began to lightly brush her cheek and she felt his lips on her cheek. She didn't know if he'll come back the next night but she knows he will. After some time, she went to sleep. An hour later, came a knock at the door. "Skye? Skye it's me Everest!" Skye moaned. "Not now Eve, I'm tired." But Everest just opened the door and went to Skye's bed. "Come on Skye you don't Woah!" Everest halted as she saw Skye. "What is it?" "Umm," Everest didn't know where to begin. "Your eyes have bags under them." "So," Skye said as she fell back to sleep. "You were up last night weren't you?" The Skye had no choice but to tell her. After 15 minutes, Everest mouth dropped. "So you mean Prince Chase came HERE! That's dangerous Skye! You know he'll get in trouble somehow." Skye nodded.