Chapter 10

Rubble was just walking around the castle in the early hours of that day. Usually he'd be in bed for a couple more hours but this time, he wasn't feeling like being in bed.

As he roamed a bit more, Rocky was there. Just walking as well. Without either of them knowing they both bonked into each other.

Rocky and Rubble: Oww!

They both looked up to see each other.

Rocky: Rubble what are you doing here?

Rubble: I can ask the same to you.

Rocky: I'm just walking around I always do this also the queen wants me to ask you something.

Rubble: I usually don't but I felt like... Wait what does the queen want me for.

Rocky: No she wants me to ask you about how Mr. Aiden Hoffmann is doing.

Rubble: Oh that jerk. He seems annoying according to the princess. I never got around to meet him much. He keeps wanting to drag Princess Skye around to show him everywhere. That's where she keeps excusing herself to lessons. She wants more and more lessons which is weird.

Rocky: Well thanks on that Rubble but be careful. He could become our future king. I didn't get around to meet him either but he's rude because he yelled at a maid.

Rubble: So what now. Why can't the queen ask the princess how she feels?

Rocky: I don't know. We just have to deal with it. Plus it's none of our business to know what is the queen deciding.

With that being said, both men walked separate ways.
------------------------------------------------------
Rubble walked up in his regular attire, which was neatly pressed jeans and a yellow work shirt and into Princess Skye's room. He knocked on the door. A small come in came. There at the table sat Skye and Everest reading.

Rubble: Are you read for lessons today Skye.

Skye: Yep. I'm ready Rubble.

Rubble: Okay so, in the battle of Sola and Demour, we always have to be ready in defence whenever they attack. Who knows when the savages will attack. That's why your father settled the head guards and army. That's where Zuma and his family came to play. Mostly, everything is hereditary. The crown, guard, land, and almost everything.

Everest: So we have to be ready to attack?

Rubble: Yeah Everest. We always had guns, riffles, bombs, gas explosives, and the good old bow and arrows.

Skye: But wasn't there a time we settled it without fighting.

Rubble stopped dead in his tracks and looked at his student. Even though he was two years younger, he was still surprised on what he was hearing.

Rubble: What do you mean? People mostly won by fighting.

Skye: I'm meaning there has to be a better way. Like we could use a peace treaty or something to use peace instead of violence.

Rubble: But

Skye: Why didn't it happen? Why don't you think the people of Sola is lying there waiting to attack?

Rubble: Well past experience tells us

Skye: Do you know anyone from the Sola kingdom. Do you Rubble? And I'm not meaning what happened on my birthday. Plus how can anyone judge on an entire colony or kingdom. Even without knowing anyone from there? Would you hate it if someone hated you and they never knew you?

Rubble was speechless. Skye...well... She never spoke to anyone like that even to him. She was usually silent. Now she was like a spokesman for the people of Sola. Rubble looked at Everest who was also speechless.