Chapter 16

Everyone was rushed to the hospital in the dead and freezing cold. In the ER, people were crying about frostbite family and people with gun wounds but they weren't like Skye who was in the worse situation. Even the Sola hospital had to bring in the victims who were attacked.

Skye: I... I... I...

Everest: Don't worry. He'll be fine

Marshall: I know Chase. He never gives up.

Then King Malcolm and Queen Marinda came in

Skye: Aunt Marinda!

Skye began to run into her aunt's arms. Marinda was surprised by this but hugged her in return. Both women were crying and hugged each other in a time of misery.

Marinda: Forgive me Skye. I fail to protect you from your mother. A promise I made long ago.

Skye: What do you mean?

Flashback

Marinda: I don't think you remember much because you were only 5 and your siblings were older meaning Alana was 12, Carson was 10, and Kristi and Maya were both 8. When we were waiting for your parents to come back from one of the battles, we heard an explosion near where your parents were fighting and a command that we had to be there now.

On the field, we saw ambulance on the field and dead men were everywhere. Women were shot from where they saw by the people of Sola. I saw your father dead on the earth and your mother near his condition. I sank down next to her and her eyes were barely open.

Miranda: Mandy? Mandy is that you?

Marinda: Yes! Yes it's me Mira!

Miranda: Promise me you'll take care of my children. Please Mandy. I know we had a rough time years ago but please. For Arthur and my sake.

Marinda: No not on my watch. We'll get a hospital.

Miranda: Face it Mandy! I'm not going to survive. Just do it.

Miranda's hand began to slip out.

Miranda: Please... For me Mandy. Help them. Mostly Skye. She might not remember me.

Marinda: Mira?

Miranda: Take care of them.

And with that, Miranda slipped away and died.

Marinda: No! No! Mira stay with me! Mira!

Marinda began to sob loudly as men tried to pull her back from her dead sister and brother-in-law. Alana, Carson, Kristi, Maya, and Skye began to sob madly as they tried to reach their parents.

Alana: Mom! Dad!

Carson: Mum! Papa!

Kristi and Maya: Mama! Papa!

Skye: Mommy! Daddy!

They began to huddle in a circle sobbing their eyes out.

No more than a week later, all but Skye and Marinda would suffer the same fate.

They were casually just in the car waiting for a visit from playmates but people from Sola ambushed the car. Bullets flied everywhere. Carson tried to get out but was automatically killed. Kristi and Maya tried to revive Carson but were pulled away by Alana but were both shot as well. Alana and Skye hid for a long time.

Alana: Skye listen to me. We might get out alive.

Skye: We won't like mommy and daddy?