Chapter 6: First Competition

Trinity's Outfit

The Group Dance

Kalani, Camryn, and Nia's Trio

Brynn and Kendall's Duet

Trinity's Solo Costume

I'm currently applying my makeup for the group dance, which is natural with dark eye shadow to show suffering

I'm currently applying my makeup for the group dance, which is natural with dark eye shadow to show suffering. Us girls are chatting quietly and as usual my mother isn't here. "You all wook pwetty." Alec lisps cutely. We all thank him praising him for his cuteness.

"So if Trinity places first with her solo, will she be coming back next week." Kira asks curiously the other moms pitching in as well. "How I choose to run my competition team is strictly my business. As well as who I decide is on it. As far as I've seen Trinity is an amazing dancer and she has a good attitude so you may or may not be seeing her next week depending on today's competition." The moms go to say something but Abby speaks again, "But I'd like to make it clear that there was no favoritism shown to Trinity this week so you can not say anything."

The moms stop defeated causing Abby to smirk . I just continue to chat with the girls while doing makeup before going to put on my costume for my solo.

Abby pulls us to the clear portion of the room to give us her pep talk. "We have been working really hard this week and you've had a winning streak going. Now the group dance is different from what we usually do as it has various tricks that must be done in unison. I have no doubt all of you can accomplish this on your own but can you do it together. Just something to think about. But for now worry about the duet, trio, and solo. Good luck and don't disappoint me." She says before sending us backstage.

"That was the best pep talk ever." I say sarcastically. Everyone laughs, the initial tension relieved. "Hey I may be new here but I can say we'll do great. We've worked really hard and we're all amazing and talented." I say. Everybody hugs me before we do the legendary shake down. We all hug before going on stage and putting our all on the floor.

The trio and duet has already passed and now it's time for my improved solo. Brynn hugs me and tells me I'll do great before I go onstage. "Now we have entry number 26, this is Trinity with River." the announcer states.

As I walk back to the dressing room minutes after my solo I see everyone staring at me in shock. "We didn't know you were that amazing your practically Maddie." Holly says causing me to blush bright red.

"No one can replace Maddie." Jill says angrily. "I think we've found something better." she says laughing at my shocked expression. We all laugh before Abby tells us to get into the group costume.

"Trinity I know you aren't used to dancing with these girls but I expect nothing but perfection from all of you." Abby says sternly. "I understand my old dance teacher expected nothing off of five points from perfect as a win." I say causing everyone to look at me in shock.

"I know we all want to win but that's just setting the bar too high." Kira says the other moms agreeing I shrug. We go back stage and do the legendary shake down Abby joining in then leaving to sit in the audience. "She only did that because of you." Kendall whispers when the camera men are distracted I shrug before getting into character.

We walk on stage lyrically before the music starts. As we dance I apply every single correction not forgetting to have emotion and make eye contact with the judges. As we all "die" the little ones do their trio and it's amazing. We walk off stage lyrically again as the cheering starts.

"Oh my gosh, that's the best group dance we've done this season with everyone." Kendall squeals as we all chuckle. "I'm glad she brought you in your a great addition to the team." Nia says everyone else agreeing. I give the girls a hug before going into the dressing room to wait for the award ceremony.

After having the usual dance party at competition it's finally time for awards. "In Teen Duet and Trio in third place we have entry number 24 Golden from Abby Lee Dance company. In second place we have entry number 32 By Your Side from Lila's Dance Academy. And in first place we have entry number 25 Our Seperate Ways from Abby Lee Dance Company." Kalani, Nia, and Camryn except their third place trophy while Brynn and Kendall except their first place.

"Now for Teen Solo in third place we have Mr. Isaac Cole with I'm the King. In second place we have Miss Marley Enright with Passionate Rage. And in first place with a perfect score we have Miss Trinity Anderson with River." I except my word beaming from ear to ear, shocked that I got a perfect score especially without the help of Miss Abby.

"Now for Group Dances we have third place....
second place.... And in first place we have entry number 23 Never Ending." We all get up to except our award. "What dance company are you from?" We all scream excitedly, "ABBY LEE DANCE COMPANY!"

"This was a good competition girls especially from you Trinity, let's say we were all pleasantly surprised by your perfect score. Kalani, Nia, and Camryn I expected more out of all of you considering how long you've been dancing together. The duet was amazing and the little trio in our group dance sold the whole thing today was mostly a clean sweep and I'm proud of you. See you guys Monday for pyramid." Abby says.

We all get cleaned up before getting ready to leave the hotel. What a good first competition.