Chapter 12: Getting to know Jace

It's finally the end of the day and I am now working on my duet with Jace. "Look into his eyes then go out of the position." Gianna says. "Perfect you guys are doing so well. Your chemistry is so good." Abby's compliments ya. She then tells us that we're done for the day.
Jace and I are so excited we hug. Correction, I hug him. He hugs back and you know what I do. I blush bright red.

Yeah for me. I'm so good at life. "Why don't we go to dinner together to get to know each other?" Jace asks. I nod not being able to speak after that embarrassing moment. Still bright red. Jace chuckles and goes to get his stuff. I let out a breath of relief. "Alec is coming home with us for dinner. Have fun." Brynn says teasing me. "Brynn." I whine. She just winks and leaves with Alec.

Now Jace and I are at this great sushi place about to order. "I'll have the Makizushi with Dr. Pepper." I say looking at the waitress. "I'll have the same but with a Coke." Jace orders. The waitress smiles and walks off. "So why did you come to the ALDC?" I ask Jace.

"I wanted to have more opportunities and being a permanent member of this team will help me with my career." Jace says. "How about you?"

"Recently my old dance teacher died and her replacement wasn't giving me the proper training I needed. So I went to one of Abby's auditions and now I'm here." I say.

"How do you feel about being on the top of the pyramid even though you just got here?" Jace asks. "It's a little weird considering it's usually Kalani or Brynn since Maddie left. And now she's back for some odd reason." Jace just shrugs. And we continue to talk as if we've been friends for years. Eventually playing 21 questions.

"Ok what have you learned about me." Jace says. "Your favorite color is red. You don't have any siblings. Your favorite style of dance is hip hop. Your favorite movie is Suicide Squad. Your favorite video game is Dark Souls 3. Your favorite video game series is the FNAF series. You've been dancing since you were 3 and you have won at Nationals before." I say. Jace nods surprised. "Hey I was listening, now it's your turn." I say teasingly.

"Your favorite color is silver. Your only sibling is Alec. Your favorite style of dance is a tie between jazz and contemporary. Your favorite movie is Black Panther. Your favorite video game is The Last Guardian. Your favorite video game series is also FNAF. You've been dancing since you were 4 and you also won at Nationals before." Jace says. "I'm impressed." I say clapping mockingly at him. The food comes out before he can retort.

Our food

We're eating and joking around as if we've known each other forever

We're eating and joking around as if we've known each other forever. Then suddenly I mess up. And no I didn't do anything that bad. But I accidentally dropped one of my rolls on the floor. Jace laughs causing me to blush. I pout looking at my fallen roll.

"You blush a lot don't you." Jace says laughing. "I don't want to talk about it." I say still pouting. "Here have some of mine."

I eat his roll now smiling because of the amazing sensation that is food

I eat his roll now smiling because of the amazing sensation that is food. Wait did he just feed me. Here comes the blush again. "Thanks." I say suddenly shy. "Your welcome. I'm glad I could make you smile." he says cutely. Ugh! He knows how to make me blush.

"Dessert?" the waitress says. "I'll have the fried ice cream sundae." Jace says. "I'll have the fried ice cream with raspberry." I say. "Now your the one copying me." Jace teases. "I guess we both just have good taste in food." I say back.

Jace's Dessert

My Dessert

"I had a good time

"I had a good time. We should do this again." Jace says. "Definitely." I say smiling. We hug and then he leaves. Now I'm waiting for Ashley. That was fun.