Chapter Fifteen

Author's Note: you may want to recap.

———————————————————-

JORDIN POV;

I can't believe this.

I felt my face quickly heat. The heat emanated until it reached every inch of me. I think anyone who knows me knows that I am not a fighter, and I don't deal with confrontation well. But this moment is all too much to pass up. I'm facing my ex-bestfriend who betrayed my trust and broke my heart. People say that when you get your heart broken your girls will always be there for you, but what is there to say for the opposite? I fall in love with a guy who is there for me, and instead my bestfriend breaks my heart.

"We should go-" Diggy says, looping one strong arm around my waist protectively.

"We are not going anywhere," I push his arm away and stare at Amy with rage taking over my thoughts. I feel my breathing pick up speed. Diggy glances between us and then stands in front of me so that he is directly in front of Amy, blocking my view.

"Jordin, baby... Not here, okay?" He glances around at the full ballroom.
I don't care if we're at some party. I ignore him until he takes my face in his hands and makes me look at him.

"This is exactly what she wants." Diggy starts, "For you to react some type of way and have all these people see you in a negative light. Don't let them."

His voice gets to me but I can't clear my head. She was supposed to be my best friend! My ride or die! I held her hair all of prom night in the bathroom when she had too much to drink. I stayed up all night writing her 10-page research paper when she almost failed Canadian Politics. Ugh, how could she, after all we've been through as best friends--to make up lies about me and share them with the world so thousands of girls can hate me. I clench my fists.

"Diggy, move." I seethe.

"Jordin... Remember what I told you. I need you to focus on us....." When he says that I can recall him saying it earlier today when he asked me to be his girlfriend. He said can you focus on us, while I focus on you?

The sweetest thing he could ever say in his velvety voice that I am in love with. I feel myself de-tense as I melt under the gaze of his chocolate brown eyes. When my mind is clear from the fog of anger, I know that he is right. I can't do this here. Not at this big New York party. I am not in Texas anymore. I need to realize that the impossible has happened and I am actually dating a celebrity who has tons of eyes on him at all times. I look around and I can already see some people in the crowd watching to see what is happening and what I am going to do. I gulp. This doesn't just affect me it affects Diggy. The most special man in the world. I even spotted out of the corner of my eye that blonde reporter that I was speaking to earlier with her phone camera out and on me.

"Alright," I whisper, dropping my eyes to the floor. I won't make a scene here. Diggy smiles and releases me, obviously happy that I am back to normal.

Now that I can see her, Amy has turned her back to us and she is answering some questions from the bystanders. I feel myself boil over again thinking about the lies she is conjuring now. Okay, yup we can't do this here... Hi But we can still do this somewhere.

Without warning, I move from in front of Diggy and make my way over to Amy who still has her back turned to me. "I need to talk to you." I say sternly and grab her arm. Rapidly, I pull her with me through the crowd, trying my best not to cause a scene and disappear in the crowd. Not many people paid attention to us but I don't care if they did.